My Udated Assets that I DIDN'T Update?

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Today, there are a bunch of my Assets (Product Loads) suddenly appearing on the DLS with my name and updated kuid number that I didn't update. What is going on here?

:confused:

Today, there are a bunch of my Assets (Product Loads) suddenly appearing on the DLS with my name and updated kuid number that I didn't update. What is going on here?

:confused:

I suggest you change your password asap in case someone hijacked it and is uploading in your name.

Seems to be a mass amount of products uploaded, not just Davesnow, interesting thing is there also in different builds, TC 1, 2 & 3 along with TS09.

*Ponders* Just off hand, could it be they were a part of the DLS cleanup that was happening some months back, and attempts to contact yourselves (creators) failed, I am just speculating here, I honestly don't know one way or the other.

I looked at several of the new versions and could not find anything different than the previous version (same build number, etc). My only concern is that I have a number of cars using some of these :2 versions that are now :3. When I click the :3 version it says there are no dependent assets while the :2 version shows them. I'm not sure whether one can safely delete the now obsolete :2 version without creating a bunch of "missing dependency" cars.

Save it to a CDP, then delete it and find out... if so, restore from the CDP you just made.

I do that often, to check my assets uploaded correctly.

It appears to be part of the asset clean-up process, some of my products have been updated.
After checking them out the thing that has changed is the config line (in my config);
product-texture "product.tga" this line has been removed and it is no longer required
and stops CMP from showing a (yellow) warning.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bill.

It appears to be part of the asset clean-up process, some of my products have been updated.
After checking them out the thing that has changed is the config line (in my config);
product-texture "product.tga" this line has been removed and it is no longer required
and stops CMP from showing a (yellow) warning.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bill.

Most of the updates appear to be products and the only one I investigated, one of TUME's, had the same change. I guess I'm curious if N3V are doing it to remove minor warnings/errors.

Last edited:
If so, it would be nice if they at least asked/notified the creators first and gave them an opportunity to do it themselves.

I notice also that some of these have quite old (i.e. supposedly unsupported) trainz-build numbers like 2.0, 2.4, 2.5. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Hi All
These updates are linked to the coming release of SP1. We aren't repairing all content, but some of the more popular content (or more, dependencies of some of the more popular routes). The content was added back into the DLS with the original build numbers, and simply the errors repaired. If you are seeing errors on these in earlier editions, then please let us know (via this thread) which assets are showing the errors, and what the errors are.

Regards

The content was added back into the DLS with the original build numbers, and simply the errors repaired
And this would be why sum of Natvanders Aussie content has appeared error free on the DLS the last few days Zec, Great move and glad too see the Aussie haven't been forgotten keep it up N3V.
Cheers Mick.:)

Hi All
These updates are linked to the coming release of SP1. We aren't repairing all content, but some of the more popular content (or more, dependencies of some of the more popular routes). The content was added back into the DLS with the original build numbers, and simply the errors repaired. If you are seeing errors on these in earlier editions, then please let us know (via this thread) which assets are showing the errors, and what the errors are.

Regards

As the updated asset of mine is to fix an issue that I've been told will become an error soon (absence of a mesh table in a mesh library), this all makes perfect sense. Can I ask if this is a manual or an automated process, and is it ongoing, or are there still going to be a lot of new faulty assets?

Paul

Hi All
These updates are linked to the coming release of SP1. We aren't repairing all content...../QUOTE]

Thank you very much N3V. HOTT error is eliminated now. It cost me a lot of time and nerves in 2012 in DBtogether session, so i later decided to make a new session from scratch. Thanks again.

regards
celje

Last edited:
Hi All

Regards

And what would You say, when I say to you, you didn't fix the errors? I am not sure, who tried to fix all those objects, but there are so many objects, they are "broken repaired" (German: kaputt repariert) The newest I know are two electrical locos from the user "rene_stambke". I fear the newest updates from BPanther are at the same way. Why you did not give the objects in professional hands?

Sorry for my weak English.

@FSP
Rene_Stambke's locomotives install without errors (only warnings) in TS12. Only the still unfixed dependencies have errors.

Peter

Back