Database Repair issue?

epa

Angry Trainz Nerd
As some of you may know, I have TS12 installed on an external hard drive to reduce spaced used up on my computer. Today, it was bumped and knocked out of the USB port while I was hard at work on my current WIP route. So of course I had to do a database scan when I started the game next. It refused to work after that. After fighting with it, I got it to work. I noticed that almost all of my routes and trains were suddenly faulty! After running a Quick Database repair, It went down to about half of my content in the game was faulty! Right now, I am running an extended database repair. Is this supposed to happen? Is this normal? Am I the only person this happens to? Please help! :'(

Yes it can happen as the repair checks the data against the back up or original assets. If they were faulty to start with, then they need to be corrected again.

When you have finished the extended database repair, exit TS12 completely. Then select Control>Shift>Escape (at the same time), this will bring up the Windows Task Manager window. On the top row select 'processes'. Scroll down to find TADDaemon then click on it to highlight it. Then wait for it to disappear. (Doesn't take very long). DO NOT click on the 'end process' button as this can cause damage to the database. Then re-open TS12 and enter content. Select faulty true and faulty false and see what happens. This can sometimes cure some problems. Regards, Dick Turpin.

In CM select the Installed items tab. In the search panel add the search criteria Faulty - True. Then right click on any items that show up and select view errors and warnings. This will remove any false positives that may occur, which in most cases is most of them.

Back