Diamond Signal Controller

Chadd04

Knuckle Shuffling
I found this little thing by accident. So i thought I would try it out and set up a simple diamond, added the four named signals, placed to loco's on each track and told them to drive to a trackmarker at the opposite end and nothing happened :( The two engines just passed right through each other. What am I doing wrong, could someone please explain.

The JR Systems do not do that, There is a system by Boat i believe called ASB (Active Signal Box) and it is very easy to use. I set it up on Anywhere Ohio along time ago. Its free, but you do need to read the tutorial's ;)
http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/page4.htm

OR are you using Boats System and it wont work? If it doesnt work, just read the tutorials

he is probably talking about the little object that controls the diamond on the Midwest Grain route. i wrote it specifically for that route. it should work in other places - at least i cant think of a reason it wont. all you need to do is pick the two opposing signals on the mainline that protect the diamond, and then the two opposing signals that protect the crossing line. it is pretty simple actually, and requires no triggers or anything other than named signals.

he is probably talking about the little object that controls the diamond on the Midwest Grain route. i wrote it specifically for that route. it should work in other places - at least i cant think of a reason it wont. all you need to do is pick the two opposing signals on the mainline that protect the diamond, and then the two opposing signals that protect the crossing line. it is pretty simple actually, and requires no triggers or anything other than named signals.

Do all the signals need to be the same IOW, can you mix a 06 with a 04, JR signals that is?

John

This is my setup
Chadd04_20130322_0000_zps27de41ff.jpg

Chadd04_20130322_0001_zpsfd2a2556.jpg

Does it look right? It still doesn't work for me, is it because I'm using 2010 and not 12?

Hmm well I'll keep messing with it, if I can't figure it out its no big deal.

Do you have signals at the end of you tracks to display a next signal for you diamond "home" signals to show a yellow? It doesn't look like you have in you're screen shot. So try that.

Do you have signals at the end of you tracks to display a next signal for you diamond "home" signals to show a yellow? It doesn't look like you have in you're screen shot. So try that.
Yes I have a signal and hayes pumpers at each end. The signals at the diamond show advance approach, but are not affected by the train on the intersecting track crossing the diamond.

Back