How big is your consist ?

I do actual trainz. I have them in the Routes, 229 of them. I used to have real trains but my cats ripped it up. Knocking them off the tracks, ripping buildings, etc, etc. So I have my trains in boxes hoping I can use them again. But Routes and Trainz are fine for me. Bob

Last edited:
100 Car Tanker Train underpowered for Mountain climbing.....

:wave: I only used a 100 Car Tanker on my fictional Aussie Merge Route with 3.5% grade, and found out, 4 engines just wouldn't do the job, kept getting stuck in the mountain up hill climbs, and would lose my speed downhill with not enough dynamic ability..........:hehe:.I'm green and still learning the Trainz Ropes......

:cool:Really like your stories.....Great Thread here to read and learn from the masters of Training.......

:wave: I only used a 100 Car Tanker on my fictional Aussie Merge Route with 3.5% grade, and found out, 4 engines just wouldn't do the job, kept getting stuck in the mountain up hill climbs, and would lose my speed downhill with not enough dynamic ability..........:hehe:.I'm green and still learning the Trainz Ropes......

:cool:Really like your stories.....Great Thread here to read and learn from the masters of Training.......
Sounds like you need DPUs.

A 3.5% grade is pretty steep, and might reguire 6-8 loco's to pull a loaded 100 car train ... Driving downhill in CAB control you need to apply full, or half, dynamic braking handle setting, sparaticaly, several times down the grade, and keep the train speed under 25 mph, by applying a full throttle speed every so often, to increase the current to the dynamic brake resistors

Last edited:
Is it true, that if you download all of RGCX 4110 railcars, and Majekear 5501 railcars, and almost all the thousands of desired DLS assets you want to collect, that you local file (or the file that holds all your railcars) will be so full that it will stall Trainz to single digit framerates ?

I find this to be true ... it slays my PC

Last edited:
Back