ARN and Cab problems...

colbe

Future BNSF Engineer
Hey guys,

I recently went on a shopping spree on JR and bought the BNSF Dash 9s H2 and H3, and the UP SD70ACE and the UP GEVO. The two Union Pacific units have no running numbers period and even if I try to add them manually they still don't show up. For the Dash 9s the H2 cab is perfect, but the H3 cab is in critical condition with gauges inside the interior and missing computer screens. Also the driver sits so low you can't see out the window. For my last problem my BNSF Executive SD70MAC has no computer screens. Basically none of the gauges work in the cab.

Please help!

Colbe

I would then suggest deleting and reinstalling the affected assets, and if that fails JR do have an email address (support (at) jointedrail (dot) com) that may help. (replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .)

Shane

Make sure nothing is also open for edit either or showing faulty. If anything is showing faulty that will also prevent things from working correctly. Try doing a right click on the item thats faulty and hit view errors/warnings. If its actually a problem it will bring it up there or if its a phantom faulty issue it will dissapear and things will be fine. Like shane said make sure you also have the latest train FX library too.

ARN sounds like a completely different issue than the cabs but try deleting and reinstalling them and try again. Also if you attempted to change something within these units and it opened in CCP that may be the problem with the ARN-issue locos only...

I'm going to back up what YUTZK said and go one further. I have had this problem with ARN equipment before. At times it will stop working for no reason ( well there is always a reason). What I did is open the locomotive in CCP and see if there is a script path. No before I scare the crap out of you, doing that is simple. Just open the locomotive in ccp ( or CMP, I forget which at the moment-to many initials), and see if you have fonts path selected. If not add it, then in space provided type in the word mesh. 99.9% of the time that works for me. At times the ARN can go crazy and just walk out on you. I have used this method on JR equipment and anything that has ARN installed. It doesn't mean that the equipment is bad, just it encountered an OOPS and decided that it wasn't going to play right. Also make sure to comment everything. More times than not I have forgot to do that one thing. I hope this helps. Also YUTZK, I hope that I haven't stepped on anyones toes here. You guys at Jointed Rail are awesome.
Run Eight
Sam

Well I will try those things and let you guys know! Thanks for all the help so far!

Colbe

Whose directions did you follow?

I had said to do a number of things which at least should have gotten you to a point where you can find out if its something showing faulty, missing dependencies or otherwise.

1. Check and make sure NOTHING is open for edit
2. Check and make sure you have the latest train FX library ( and make sure its not open for edit after install)
3. Make sure your not missing dependencies for any of the affected items ( right click and view dependencies on the asset)
4. Make sure nothing it showing faulty on any of the affected items.( right click and view errors/warnings. if you get any errors post the text here)
5. Do NOT open everything in CCP, this really shouldnt affect anything here since your on TS12. Some of the older assets have problems when you open things in CCP, and the two UP bits you bought are out of the older line of assets.
6. If you get nothing on any of the above delete the locomotive fully from content manager and reinstall it.

The two Union Pacific units have no running numbers period and even if I try to add them manually they still don't show up.

check these 2 for the fonts-path tag in the config. i do not know why they wouldn't work from install unless any config changes were made on your local system. the tag sohuld read:

fonts-path "mesh"

sometimes cmp will strip the outdated tag and not replace it with this one.

the H3 cab is in critical condition with gauges inside the interior and missing computer screens.

explain please.

For my last problem my BNSF Executive SD70MAC has no computer screens. Basically none of the gauges work in the cab.

again hard to understand what you mean as the computer equipped units do not have gauges since it is part of the computer display.

enclose screencaps if it helps.

I think what he means by comeputer screens and gauges is that the gauges do not appear on the computer screens. Take a look at the Metro-North M7 EMU and P32AC-DM, you'll notice that they have computer screens and the speedometer is visable on the computer screen. I assume that what he means by the gauges and computer screens.

Whose directions did you follow?

I had said to do a number of things which at least should have gotten you to a point where you can find out if its something showing faulty, missing dependencies or otherwise.

1. Check and make sure NOTHING is open for edit
2. Check and make sure you have the latest train FX library ( and make sure its not open for edit after install)
3. Make sure your not missing dependencies for any of the affected items ( right click and view dependencies on the asset)
4. Make sure nothing it showing faulty on any of the affected items.( right click and view errors/warnings. if you get any errors post the text here)
5. Do NOT open everything in CCP, this really shouldnt affect anything here since your on TS12. Some of the older assets have problems when you open things in CCP, and the two UP bits you bought are out of the older line of assets.
6. If you get nothing on any of the above delete the locomotive fully from content manager and reinstall it.

I did all of these and the only warnings I have are no thumbnail. So that isn't part of the problem and I did everything else and its all good.

ColbeHaddock_20130317_0000.jpg

This is what the H3 cab looks like.

it looks like you are trying to mix and match cabs parts. you cant do that. what you have is one of the dash 2 cab controls with the dash 9 shells. i am going to go ahead and say it isnt possible for them to have been downloaded that way. i did a double check just to be sure there could be no errors. there is no chance a 90311 could suddenly become a 90100 unless you edited it.

please do not break items by editing and try to infer they arrived that way. best way to fix in reinstall the item.

it looks like you are trying to mix and match cabs parts. you cant do that. what you have is one of the dash 2 cab controls with the dash 9 shells. i am going to go ahead and say it isnt possible for them to have been downloaded that way. i did a double check just to be sure there could be no errors. there is no chance a 90311 could suddenly become a 90100 unless you edited it.

please do not break items by editing and try to infer they arrived that way. best way to fix in reinstall the item.

Look I swear I didn't edit anything but the horn. Plus if that is the case then how come my H2 cab is fine? I did download all the cabs and install them to the game, but I did that before I bought the H3.

Colbe

Back