Content Manager Crash Problem

funforme3

Modeler at Pacific Trainz
Hi I was working on my content and from the content manager. I ran Trainz and after I was playing with a route I was working on with my stuff, it crashed so I opened my Task Manager and closed out Trainz. I didnt think of it much untill I needed to send out a .cdp file. I opened the Content Manager and looked fine then it crashed. It said Content Manager Has stopped working correctly....... I tried running it as an Administrator, that didn't fix it. I also ran TrainzDiag and it said everything was fine. Can I get some help??!

PC Graphics Card is up to standard: AMD HD Radeon 4600, all drivers up to date, repaired the content manager but crashes afterward.

Please help me go a lot of stuff for the trainz community;
~ Thomas Ray - (funforme3)

Last edited:
Your not alone same here my speed all week has been slow and then it stops
This might be a big problem with the Content Manager in general.:eek: Its like only able to be corrected by reinstalling Trainz basicly (I didn't do that and don't). I would lose all of the new content I have been working on ....well only HD Track, and a few other things (not spoiling anything :eek:) that I haven't backed up.

~Thomas Ray - (funforme3)

Last edited:
I found this in the
Jetlog:
Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ on Dec 19 2008 at 13:32:26.

Begin:
? 0000261C Warn 0:16.1 Trainz : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
? 000024BC Warn 0:26.1 Trainz : DownloadTask::DoPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran
? 0000261C Warn 0:27.4 Trainz : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $KUID[]@TrainzScriptBase::SearchAssets(string,bool)
? 0000261C Warn 0:35.0 Trainz : ScriptLog> GSRouter::Done(), 1 outstanding node(s)
End.
I found this in the launcherLog:
Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ on Dec 19 2008 at 13:32:26.

Begin:
? 00003078 Warn 0:05.5 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tbumpcoltex'
? 00003078 Warn 0:05.5 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tbumpglosscol'
? 00003078 Warn 0:05.5 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tgroundonetex'
? 00003078 Warn 0:05.5 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tgroundonetexvs'
? 00003078 Warn 0:05.5 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tbumpgloss'
? 00003078 Warn 0:05.5 Trainz : DataManager::RegisterTrainzBumpVertexType> Unable to load 'm.tglossrust'
? 00003078 Warn 0:06.1 Trainz : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
? 00003078 Warn 0:09.4 Trainz : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
? 00002C40 Warn 0:10.2 Trainz : DownloadTask::DoPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran
End.

Could this have something to do with it?

I think it has happened one or twice I try to install one and I have to tell it where to go then it tells me that its up to date and it will not let me apply the patch. I have viewed your tutorials (while ago) on how to use CMD to run the repair system in trainz that worked it had Content Manager repair but then afterwards it failed again.

That may need a reinstall. If you do decide to do so, copy the <trainz install folder>/UserData folder to a safe location first.

Shane

In my directory on my computer :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Auran\TS2009
there is no directory/ folder called Userdata. I'm not sure but did you mean my userdata in then the trainz directory?

Also I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Bit Version

Last edited:
Ok so i backed up the local folder and then reinstalled Trainz then replaced the local folder with mine and I started the content manager and none of my stuff was there. Its a good thing I backed up the .cdp files of almost everything I made!

Back