Updating Trainz Content

petesmith9997

Hi im new to this site and hope that im in the correct section , I enjoy Trainz very much over the last 3 years , but when i purchased Trainz 2012 i found the content was either showing as Faulty or has warnings , My question is over the last 4 months i have spent time fixing and updating content to trainz build 3.4 (i have a database of 265,000 items so far ) , i have kept the original designers , there names and any other information they included to keep it orginal , and have used Assetx to update and repair the content , can i upload these items to the download station for other Trainz user to download and use , i know any content i myself design i am allowed to do , but am unsure with other users content , a lot of items date back to build 1.3 many thanks Pete

Pete

The DLS will reject any content that you upload UNLESS it is your user kuid. I know that it would be good if corrected content could be uploaded by others but this would be open to mis-use and will never happen. Sometime back, there was a system in which N3V identified faulty content in a list and volunteers could elect to update specific items. It is my impression that there are still problems from that, content that was adjusted to remove the error and not checked in driver seems to be quite common.

I think that a repeat of this process may be in the future.

Peter

Back