Newly retired and back with Trainz.

Just a note to say "hello again" after an absence of six years from Trainzing.
Just recently added the 10th. Anniversary edition - Trainz 2006 was my last purchase.
No great plans at this stage but, with more time on my hands than ever before in nearly 50 years, I thought I might look at doing something constructive with Trainz.

The last major effort was Robe River Iron, which was subsequently improved by another fan.
Then I did a bit of work with the Oberon branchline which was also picked up by someone else....I don't know if they ever finished it.

Anyway, I'll have a bit of a potter with Surveyor when the mood strikes and see what I can conjure up.

Cheers!
Bruce

Bruce! It's good to see you back in these parts. Hope life is treating you well.

~R~

Well a good start for the rest of your life.
Wish you a very happy, healthy and enjoable retirement.
Concerning trainz well my experience, retirement since 1998, time goes faster every day much faster than ever before. Must be doing something wrong or very well and never a dull moment looking forward to the next morning early black coffee and trainz at my fingertips and mind set.
Have a great week

Roy;)

Welcome back.

We longtimers have kept your seat warm for you. Nice to get someone back to balance out the callow young ones.

Peter <narrowgauge>

Having recently lost one of the 'founding fathers', what a pleasant surprise to see another return. Welcome back.

Wow! That's quite a reception - you guys are very kind. Thank you all, and particularly those members who were here back at the start.
And a special "g'day, mate" to Rob. :)

I've got a bit of re-acquainting to do with the Trainz features so I'll just potter around in it for a while but I would like to get creative once again.

Incidentally, whilst I think of it, anyone who has the Robe River route (layout) from way back when will recall that my son crafted the (static) rotary ore dumper for it.
Well, since then he has gone on to become a professional animator and is now moving to Brisbane to do some contractual work for 3 months after being creative for an agency here in Canberra.
So Trainz helped him with his career. :D

Now - what is a prototype North American route that anyone can recommend for me?

Cheers!
Bruce

Welcome back indeed! I remember Robe River Iron fondly.
Two exemplary "prototypical North American" routes for you to look at, analyse and play with in TS12, before starting out again with another of your fine creations...
One is the built-in Mojave Sub (superb!)
The other is East Kentucky 3 ST Ver 1.0 with the addition of Pofig's 3D trees
Also check out the wonderful rolling stock and locomotives produced these days by Jointed Rail.
Cheers!
Peter

Well, I didn't know you from back in the day, but the route seems to have been a winner.

Don't be afraid to dabble in everything. Despite what some will say, it seems (at least to me) things have gotten a bit easier, but as far as route-building goes and content creation goes - mostly because there is a good and helpful bunch of folks here.

Welcome back indeed! I remember Robe River Iron fondly.
Thanks, Peter. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it.

One is the built-in Mojave Sub (superb!)
The other is East Kentucky 3 ST Ver 1.0 with the addition of Pofig's 3D trees
Also check out the wonderful rolling stock and locomotives produced these days by Jointed Rail.
Cheers!
Peter
Thank you.....I have not yet tried that route but it has certainly been a popular route in MSTS over the years - as are all of the California BNSF & UP routes.
I'll be sure to check out Jointed Rail's "stuff" as well.

Bruce.

Back