Where are these boxes and crates?

obirek

I am looking for assets of category product/structure (or similar, but not commodity) that would look like general goods boxes unloaded in some industries, such as the Container Station or Airport.

I have much room next to a rail yard and I thought it would look more interesting to stack there some boxes, bags, pallets, crates and similar objects instead of just planting plain grass. Preferably for Trainz Classics 1&2, but I could also try content for earlier versions, like TRS2006.

Much appreciate your assistance I can get in this matter.

Hi obirek,

Open CMP and search under "name box" "category scenery" or "name lumber" "category scenery"

Cheers,
Bill69

You can also just select "name" and then type in the name of the object, like "pallet". You'll find things that way too.

And you're forgetting a major type of container in which commodities were shipped: drums, pails and barrels.

ns

I am looking for assets of category product/structure (or similar, but not commodity) that would look like general goods boxes unloaded in some industries, such as the Container Station or Airport.

I have much room next to a rail yard and I thought it would look more interesting to stack there some boxes, bags, pallets, crates and similar objects instead of just planting plain grass. Preferably for Trainz Classics 1&2, but I could also try content for earlier versions, like TRS2006.

Much appreciate your assistance I can get in this matter.

Well you are obviously not looking very hard, because as a raw recruit to 2004 a few years back, I could find this stuff with no problem.

Hi obirek,

Open CMP and search under "name box" "category scenery" or "name lumber" "category scenery"

Cheers,
Bill69
There is no category "scenery". Are we talking about the same program? I use page http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php to download, where I can select version of Trainz, in my case TRS2006 and Trainz Classics 1&2. In Content Manager Plus I have category "scenery", but I don't know for which Trainz version assets were made and my experience is that about 90% of assets will not work with my version or they will show many errors. So, I would need to do two searches and cross-reference results from both sources. A bit awkward solution. But when I do this I get only few results, none of them what I've been looking for:
NSW Electrical Cable Box Spline,<kuid2:208722:22444:1>
STL_L_ControlBox,<kuid:69978:23034>
STL_S_ControlBox,<kuid:69978:23033>
Cablebox,<kuid:2000:37000>

Surely, you must have use some boxes, bags, pallets and other packages as a scenery in your routes. Can't you just recommend the ones you like?

You can get the build number shown in cm by r/click on the line across the top of the results side, tick build number.
Use the cm search function. Keyword=crate. 170+ results with hardly any over build 2.7.

Last edited:
Well you are obviously not looking very hard, because as a raw recruit to 2004 a few years back, I could find this stuff with no problem.

You are very judgmental in your comment.

You don't know me and you don't know my life circumstances. But after reading a single post you are so sure what is not very hard for me. In the last sentence you just showing off how clever and superior you are to person like myself. I found your comment tells much about yourself, but it does not answer my question. Others replied politely, despite they may also got irritated by my question.

Why did you bother to post reply at all?

You can get the build number shown in cm by r/click on the line across the top of the results side, tick build number.
Use the cm search function. Keyword=crate. 170+ results with hardly any over build 2.7.

No, I don't have the build number option (see the picture with list of all options below). For this reason I have to cross-refer the results from CMP with DLS. It is not always possible, as the two are not fully compatible. For instance, DLS uses different set of categories.

displayoptions.jpg

No, I am not forgetting. The full list is here: http://www.cargosupport.gov.au/webdata/miniSites/sdg/reference_material/code_lists/package_type.htm. But the problem is that when I search for a generic term I get many irrelevant results, plus I don't know if the returned assets are compatible with my version of Trainz. Also quality of the assets vary greatly as they come from different authors. So, it would be good to know which authors specialize with this type of scenery (like yukonzoom) and search by author id rather than asset name. The latter can be ambiguous.

Is this perhaps a mis-match in CM version? I suspect that the screen shot you posted, obirek, is from the version of CM distributed with TRS 2006. But the CM distributed with TS 2009, CM ver. 3.3, does allow one to display a column "build version". This can be done either by the method suggested by fran1, or by clicking on the "view" option in the menubar, and selecting the option "build version". And while I note that in the search assist window, there is not a "maximum build version" as a companion to "minimum build version", which does exist, one can sort the contents of the search window by the contents of the column. To find 2004 assets, then, for pallets, in CM 3.3, set the display to show the build number in the results, search for pallet, sort on the build number column in ascending order, and all of the TRS2004 assets will be in the same part of the results.

While doing your search, you might also want to use a translation engine and find the equivalent words for the assets you're seeking in other languages. Some Spanish creators, for example, may use the term "paleta" where English speakers would use "pallet"; a German creator would use the term "palette". For "bag", a German equivalent might be "Tasche", the Spanish "bolsa".

ns

PS: Yes, I already know how annoying it will be to search for content with the CM attached to one version, while using a different version of the Game; one of my biggest annoyances in Trainz is the inability to launch CM from surveyor. But that's really no different than now, when you are using the 2004 DLS.

ns

Last edited:
Back