"Unable to contact host, check your internet connection"

asbuster

Hey all,

I get this message quite frequently when trying to download dependancies. Its making it impossible for me to download them and play online. I am connected to Planet Auran as the Trainz chat works, firewall has been set to allow Trainz Simulator 12 aswell for my antivirus programm.

So how can i resolve this? Are there any ports that need to be forwarded?

There is no Port Forwarding that needs to be set up. Have you ever been able to download anything? Are you downloading using Content Manager or from the Planet Auran website (the so called black pages)

yes i can download from both the website and the content manager, at first i was downloading ingame, but switched to the content manager after ingame started with this problem. Unfortunetly the content manager did the same

I doubt it has to do with your problem, but just to be sure: Without having a FCT you are limited to 100mb/day. Keep in mind that things downloaded via the in-game update downloader do not count against that 100mb cap, but those things downloaded via Content Manager do.

Edit:
Also keep in mind that without a FCT you are maximum number of connections is less (I think just 1) then with a FCT. So you might get connections errors when already downloading via another source (in other words: in-game vs DLS vs CM).

Last edited:
Oknotsen, that makes perfectly sense to me. Except this happend ingame when i wasnt downloading from any other source. Also the max number of connections to DLS is 2 for non FCT users... altho lately it wont let me do more than 1.

I keep getting the same error when I to download through in game and through Content manager. My internet connection is fine. I checked the logon and it says something like password correct. Yet I am still unable to download or update anything from the download station even though I can the list from the download station in my content manager. Any fixes idea. Please and Thank you.

Welcome to the forums.

Can I get you to do a Network Diagnostics check (File > Network Diagnostics) and let me know if any items come up as failed (and if they do, which tests do come up as failed and any error code shown).

Shane

Hello Shane, Thank you for the reply. I have done a network diag, and I get 0 errors, 0 warnings. I have been trying and searching for a fix to no avail thus far. I cant even download from DLS using FTP because it doesn't accept my PW and ID. I can't even do any updates. Totally lost now. I have even tried a full Uninstall and Reinstall.

Last edited:
That may be an account problem - the best place for those is normally Helpdesk but it's virtually the weekend there and they do not work weekends.

What I would suggest though is trying a quick database repair.

Shane

I had this problem and I read from one of my many trainz friends (I think it was Fran) he said that the timeout is too short in TS12 and if you watch the taddaemon it will show you that it times out before the connection can be made, to get around this after it times out, close the game and quickly reopen it before the taddaemon shuts down, and it should now log on.

I had this problem and I read from one of my many trainz friends (I think it was Fran) he said that the timeout is too short in TS12 and if you watch the taddaemon it will show you that it times out before the connection can be made, to get around this after it times out, close the game and quickly reopen it before the taddaemon shuts down, and it should now log on.

Is their a way to increase the timeout in TS12? with an FCT CMP downloads for 10/15 mins then times out then I need to check file > settings > internet click ok to restart the downloads in download helper

Back