Erroneous assets in DLS

You're on to something here. I've had this problem before on other assets where one of the textures was forgotten or not copied. Check in the main folder for the same texture and copy it to the nightmode folder if it exists.

I'm glad you understand where things come from I agree that this does not reflect well on the developer, but through the repair program in place, eventually all these errors will be eliminated.

John

I do not blame asset author. They done great job allowing me to add this beautiful content to my routes for free. I appreciate this. But I need detailed instructions on how to fix these type of errors. I found that the two types of errors described above make up 90% or more possible errors. So, if I can fix these two, I should be able to fix almost all of them. Another thing is that learning is always more constructive approach than complaining.

Just out of interest, have you tried redownloading the assets? They are not showing any errors on mine (use Content Manager itself to download them)

Shane

The problem is the AlphaHint line in the texture.txt files. The latest Trainz versions use it to improve the compression when committing, some of the older versions don't understand this hint. They only see the Alpha part and expect a filename to follow. Removing the AlphaHint lines should fix the errors.

Peter

More "invisible" assets on DLS (see the list below). On DLS they are marked as for Trainz Classic 1&2, there are no errors or warnings in CMP, but in Surveyor they cannot be seen or placed. Any idea what may be the problem? There must be hundreds more assets like these on DLS.

Street Lamp Lightbase Big Cream,<kuid2:147772:99984:1>
Street Lamp Lightbase Big Orange,<kuid2:147772:99981:1>
Street Lamp Lightbase Big White,<kuid2:147772:99983:1>
Street Lamp Lightbase Big Yellow,<kuid2:147772:99982:1>
Street Lamp Lightbase Small Cream,<kuid2:147772:99987:1>
Street Lamp Lightbase Small Orange,<kuid2:147772:99985:1>
Street Lamp Lightbase Small White,<kuid2:147772:99988:1>
Street Lamp Lightbase Small Yellow,<kuid2:147772:99986:1>

Just out of interest, have you tried redownloading the assets? They are not showing any errors on mine (use Content Manager itself to download them)

Shane
I deleted and downloaded asset
Water Tower 1,<kuid2:60238:27149:2>

and got the same errors:
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/int=masked'.
Error: Could not load texture 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/night/int=masked'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/ladder-ladder.texture.txt'
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/lattice-lattice.texture.txt'
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/metalreflect-metalopaque.texture.txt'
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/night/ladder-ladder.texture.txt'
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/night/rail-rail.texture.txt'
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'c:\program files\auran\tc/local/content mj3nyjlk11/rail-rail.texture.txt'
Error: The tag 'name-hu' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'scenery')

I realise your using tc 1&2 but try downloading the water tower into your 2009 install to see if you get the same result.
I can't see why your tc install keeps throwing up faults when my 2010+12 don't.

The problem is the AlphaHint line in the texture.txt files. The latest Trainz versions use it to improve the compression when committing, some of the older versions don't understand this hint. They only see the Alpha part and expect a filename to follow. Removing the AlphaHint lines should fix the errors.

Peter

For the water tower,
To clear this for the OP, it's the "alpha hint----masked" in the texture text files that needs removing, is this correct ?
I'm guessing vulcan made the asset 2.7 build so it could be used by as many people as possible without knowing it could cause issues.
For the suburban house "alpha hint---semi transparent" to be removed.

Last edited:
Back