Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Gone but not forgotten

Default Article: Gone but not forgotten

Tony Hilliam

NEED HELP? Check these links:

Trainz Plus Features |
    Support Portal | Surveyor 2.0 Guide | TRS19 FAQs | Trainz Wiki

That's a wonderful eulogy Tony. I was still "wet behind the ears" in those days. It's amazing how far Trainz has come since then. I'm sure Barney would be proud to see his contributions recognized here. Those were the good old days.

Barney, you're the man.

Cheers

AJ

This is sad news indeed. Many of us were wondering what had happened to Barney in recent years as he stopped posting. We shall never forget his horror when his forum post count promoted his beloved "Krokodil" avatar to the next icon.

The train sim world has lost a much loved and larger than life character.

Rest in peace, old friend.

South Africa, South Africa, Pretoria Gauteng

Three cheers for Barney and all those who made trainz so cool for us..as mentioned, we should not take things for granted as mentioned.

Blog Entries

I remember Barney. and how he was a kind with his comments; It was one of the first to greet me when I first joined the forum back in 2001, etc ... Although passed on, I am sure that he took his love of trainz in his heart in his endless journey!

Ish

Thank you Tony for your elogius peace of history .
    About Uncle Rob, it was "That's all there is to it" .
    May TrainZ keep that friendly and enthusiastic atmosphere .
    Rest in peace, Sinister Fat Controller, and keep your Krokodil in the paradise ...
    Philippe

Blog Entries

I remember Barney. and how he was kind with his comments; He was one of the first to greet me when I first joined the forum back in 2001, etc ...

Although passed on, I am sure that he took his love of trainz in his heart in his endless journey!

Ish

Tony,
    I learned through Vern about the passing of Barney and your eulogy on the "new" Trainz forum.
    Like many others from back in the early days I recall Barney's involvement in Trainz with affection and pleasant memories.
    It is sad news such as this that makes us pause and think that yes, we are all getting older and each is as mortal as the next.

Thank you for the good words about someone whom, like most of us, I never met in person but whom I considered to be no less a friend.

Regards from Canberra.
    Bruce Kennewell

Blog Entries

Whilst I may not have known Barney, it's always sad when a Trainzer is no longer with us. Prayers go out to those left behind.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Somewhat before my time, so never knew him but my sympathies go to his family and friends.
    Malc

Thanks Tony. You described the early days of Trainz very well and it indeed was a very special time, one which I will always remember fondly.

Blog Entries

A fitting tribute to a retired trainzer, and a special glimpse into the time that was.
    Last edited by Euphod; March 6th, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Even though I joined in here three years later, I also have vivid remembrances of Barney's Sunblowing versus Whining well-intended sermons.

Long Perennial Recognition to all the Trainzy pioneers (on both sides of the deal: sellers-customers), even though some of them cannot be digitally among us!

The good 10-year-old memory side of Alberte

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I too remember Barney and I am sorry to hear this sad news. When I joined, the Sinister Fat Controller was one of the welcome crew that accepted me into the community. I agree with Ed. This is a fitting tribute to a retired Trainzer.

John

This is most upsetting. Barry's site was one that I frequented regularly prior and just after the release of MSTS and Trainz, and one of the reasons I got into train simming in the first place.

My sincere condolences to Barry's friends and family.

Marc