failed to retrieve download path

cliverich

I am new to Trainz, and started with Android Trainz Driver. I have now ordered Trainz 12 special edition. So I am keen to get going. However, on downloading "extra content" onto Trainz driver, I "successfully" downloaded the asset, but afterwards get error message "Failed to retrieve download path". What does this mean, and how can I resolve it. I have searched the forum for "retrieve download path" for Trainz Driver, but it failed to return any results. Hence my post. Thanks in anticipation.

I don't have the information to answer this with complete certainty, but it appears to me to be an issue with internet infrastructure. Maintenance of the infrastructure most commonly happens on weekends, whether by N3V, whoever is hosting the content, or whatever intermediate entities might be involved. My advice is to try again, perhaps at intervals of 6 hours, or so, and if you are still unable on Sunday evening, after about 2000 GMT, to open a help ticket with the N3V helpdesk.

ns

I don't have the information to answer this with complete certainty, but it appears to me to be an issue with internet infrastructure. Maintenance of the infrastructure most commonly happens on weekends, whether by N3V, whoever is hosting the content, or whatever intermediate entities might be involved. My advice is to try again, perhaps at intervals of 6 hours, or so, and if you are still unable on Sunday evening, after about 2000 GMT, to open a help ticket with the N3V helpdesk.

ns

I have this problem with the android version and this doesn't make sense. It clearly downloads the whole asset, but is then unable to install it. That doesn't suggest any sort of server issue.

I'm having this problem with updates for assets I have on TS12.

BR Class 37 Green Centre Headcode Half Yellow,<kuid2:2512:2372:40>
BR Class 37 Green Split Headcode Half Yellow,<kuid2:2512:2373:40>
S&C Hawes station,<kuid2:35412:28005:2>
S&C platform shelter brown stone,<kuid2:35412:28007:2>
S&C Garsdale engine shed,<kuid2:35412:28010:2>
MB-arch bridge rail skew L45 dark,<kuid2:35412:38175:1>
MB-arch bridge rail skew R25 dark,<kuid2:35412:38177:1>
MB-arch bridge rail 90 dark,<kuid2:35412:38179:1>
S&C Platforms Garsdale,<kuid2:60850:22202:3>

This was after the upgrade to SP1. Perhaps these assets are unavailable because they're part of DLC and must be retrieved separately?

EDIT: Yes it was, and I think the main trigger of this error for other assets outside of the content pack is the asset being registered as existing on the DLS, but not fully approved for download by the user.

Last edited:
I have this problem with the android version and this doesn't make sense. It clearly downloads the whole asset, but is then unable to install it. That doesn't suggest any sort of server issue.

It does if the file was corrupt and not all downloaded. N3V's servers have been not working properly all weekend.

Back