I don't get Trainz Classic?

Ahhh...someone must have left the gate open at RBR..
Once more the sarcastic one liner. If you can't refute the point made, just make a smart comment. Are you saying that RBR members are not welcome here? Are you saying Jenolan is wrong?
..which, as far as I know, only exists because of Trainz...:cool:
The RBR exists because 4,800 members like what they produce, not because of Trainz. Trainz just happens to be the plaform used at the moment, and all the effort required to upgrade to each of Auran's new versions might be better spent on an alternative.

Once more the sarcastic one liner. If you can't refute the point made, just make a smart comment. Are you saying that RBR members are not welcome here? Are you saying Jenolan is wrong?

The RBR exists because 4,800 members like what they produce, not because of Trainz. Trainz just happens to be the plaform used at the moment, and all the effort required to upgrade to each of Auran's new versions might be better spent on an alternative.
Yup. Your last paragraph politely says what I meant about his being partly right. 'His' forum may have 245K members with 5k of them active, but the happy percent seems mighty small.

Nice of you to use the word 'smart' re his comment. I might take issue with that, but there are times when five letter words are better four.:D

Aloha,

Herb

The RBR exists because 4,800 members like what they produce, not because of Trainz.
Yes...a sarcastic one liner in response to a sarcastic one liner....get it? ;)
As far as your questions....read my post again...I said neither...and 4,800 members like what RBR produces, but that has nothing to do with the fact that RBR exists because of Trainz...just the fact...:cool:

Herb...try thinking up your own comments....you tend to parrot others too much...

Last edited:
Yes...a sarcastic one liner in response to a sarcastic one liner....get it? ;)
As far as your questions....read my post again...I said neither...and 4,800 members like what RBR produces, but that has nothing to do with the fact that RBR exists because of Trainz...just the fact...:cool:

Herb...try thinking up your own comments....you tend to parrot others too much...
Thinking...thinking...thinking...OK.

Explain in your own words:

1. How; " As far as I know Auran developed all of the versions of Trainz." is a sarcastic one liner. I understand one-liner, so just go for the sarcastic part if you want.

2. As independently thought up by two of us parrots and still unanswered:
Is Jenolan wrong? (That's about four posts back if you need help).

Aloha,

Herb

Snipped...

A lot of the content in TRS2006 was nice looking, but unfortunately there was so much content included it was impossible to ensure quality, consistency and error-free rendering.

What we have decided to do is re-introduce the most useful content in smaller stages so that we can ensure that the Trainz code isn't spending too much time working around content errors.

We have noticed a considerable performance improvement since adopting this philosophy.

After another two or three editions Trainz Classics will have more content than 06, and it will be consistent. By consistent I mean that if we include an object it's naming will be relevant to both it and other similar objects. It's functionality will satisfy the basic criteria. If there is a traincar included it will have rolling wheels, commodity loading capability and make use of new features.

~R~

It would be interesting to know just how many assets will be included in each edition - in round figures.

Back