I don't get Trainz Classic?

chrisracer8903

Michigan Trainz
Is Tranz Classics a whole new game or is it add-ons for TRS2006? Also: if it's a new game: is all of UTC, SP3, 04, and 06 items download-able and can import? How does this work? Also, what is the minimal system requirements and does it support Dual Core Processors? and will it be at retail stores? -Chris

Last edited:
Subscribed to our newsletter?

TRAINZ NEWS - April 18th, 2007
TRAINZ CLASSICS QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Our last newsletter dedicated entirely to Trainz Classics created an outstanding amount of interest and intrigue about this new product. We were inundated with requests for specific information and we are excited by the interest TC is generating. Here are the most frequently asked questions from our readers and the answers.

Q. How much will Trainz Classics cost?
A. While a final retail price has yet to be set, Trainz Classics will represent excellent value for money and cost considerably less than other premium first release PC titles. Let us assure you that we will publish the list price here in this newsletter as soon as it becomes available.

Q. What do I get with Trainz Classics?
A. Included in the first edition of Trainz Classics is the Harlem Line and Modula City V2.2 plus all the assets required for these routes. There will be all new dedicated locomotives and rolling stock along with new Driver Sessions ready to go. You will get new and expanded features not available in previous Trainz software. You also get Content Manager Plus for those wishing to expand their Trainz experience on their own. Again, we'll let you know more details right here closer to release.

Q. Is Trainz Classics a standalone product or an add-on?
A. Like all Trainz editions, Trainz Classics is a Stand Alone program with no previous purchase necessary.

Q. When will Trainz Classics be released?
A. Trainz Classics is due for a retail release in June 2007.

Q. Can I pre-order Trainz Classics?
A. Yes you can. Information regarding Pre-Orders will be published in future Trainz News newsletters.

Q. What computer specifications will be required for Trainz Classics?
A. Trainz Classics requires no more computer hardware than Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 and in some cases will out perform TRS2006. The minimum and recommended specifications are below.
Minimum Requirements
Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
P4 1.5GHz 512MB RAM 64Mb video card (Geforce equiv.) Direct X 9 or higher Direct X compatible sound card 8X DVD-ROM 56K Modem for Internet access
Installation: Approximately 2GB of available hard disk space.
Recommended Requirements
Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
P4 2.0Ghz 1GB RAM 128Mb video card (Geforce 4 equiv.) Direct X 9 or higher Direct X compatible sound card 8X DVD-ROM 56K Modem for Internet access
Installation: Approximately 2GB of available hard disk space.

Trainz Classics Image
http://www.auran.com/TRS2006/uploads/Image/newsletter/07_april_18/tc_cab_view_470.jpg
Stay tuned for more announcements in coming editions of Trainz News.

TRAINZ NEWS - May 1st, 2007

TRAINZ CLASSICS RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED
June 24, 2007 is the anticipated release date for Trainz Classics, the latest version of the long running Trainz franchise. Supplied with every Trainz Classics edition is everything the newcomer needs to build their own worlds and sessions, use and edit the existing worlds and sessions and discover the Trainz experience in an unimposing environment.

Once comfortable with the platform, import additional content using the advanced utilities at your desire, or wait for the next Trainz Classics episode and rely on the benefit and hindsight of Auran's content management experience. Faithful followers can take advantage of the powerful and revised Content Manager Plus.
The revised entry-level feature set allows users to populate their Surveyor menus at their own pace and to their own taste without being overwhelmed by the installed content. Prototypical, recognisable traffic and realistic in-cab features enhance the operational realism. Positional accuracy has been cross referenced with aerial photography and several commissioned ground surveys undertaken on location.
http://www.auran.com/trainz/images/classics/screenshot1lrg.jpg
http://www.auran.com/trainz/images/classics/screenshot2lrg.jpg
http://www.auran.com/trainz/images/classics/screenshot3lrg.jpg
http://www.auran.com/trainz/images/classics/screenshot4lrg.jpg
http://www.auran.com/trainz/images/classics/screenshot5lrg.jpg
http://www.auran.com/trainz/images/classics/screenshot6lrg.jpg

Trainz Classics will feature:
-Flexible Cab Signalling system
-Headlight dimmer system
-Flashing ditch-lights
-Train controlled sounds, lights and boom gates at build-in road crossings
-Automatic Train Protection options
-New sound functions for better representation of electric traction
-New Freeways feature supporting and including one way and multi-lane roads
-Remodelled roadway traffic featuring working head lights
-Computerised in-cab displays
-Improved Heads-Up-Display options
-Improved session-design options

Trainz Classics will be available online from the Auran Shop athttp://www.auran.com/auran/shop.htm from June 24th, 2007 for just $39.95 (AUD).

Thank Alan. Just wondering if our content from TRS2006 will work in Classics? and will it be avalible at Best Buy in the USA? -Chris

Does this include UTC, TRS2004, TRS2006, and SP3 content, too? Also: is it double threaded for Dual Cores? -Chris

Hi Chris,

I have been told directly by Lance, and I'm sure I am not letting any cat out of the bag, that any item, any item, that has been corrected to work in 2006, will be successfull in Trainz Classics.

That's sp-3, UTC, 2004.

If this were not the case, I would not be troubling myself with the upgrades that I am carrying out.

Alan,

Something that I am being asked a lot is whether this is true. I keep receiving from those very same people arguments that it cannot be true by what has been contained in the information sofar to hand.

It "may" be worth a direct statement that this is the case, and what criteria is required to getting the content to work in the first release of TC.

Kind regard's

Alex:)

You know.....I understand the gist of the new offering (it has been explained often enough), but what I can't understand is that name...."Trainz Classics". To me, that sounds like a disc with the old Trainz routes on it, like Highland Valley, or Robe River Iron.. "Classic Coke" did not refer to New Coke, but was rather the moniker of the Old Coke. Classic cars are not new cars, but older ones that have stood the test of time.

Perhaps 'Trainz Railroad Classics" would work better.

Nah......the name rots.

Ed

Also I'd like to know if all the same content in TRS2006 is included because I noticed TC needs only 2GB and TRS2006 was 4GB. -Chris

Q: Do we get a discount for ordering/pre-ordering Trainz Classics if we own a previous version of Trainz and registered it?

Q: Do we get any free FCT's included with Trainz Classics when we register it?

Q: How does Trainz Classics differ from TRS2006?

Q: Will it be sold at the NMRA show in July in Detroit?

Q: Do you know what stores will be carrying it?

Q: If we own TRS2006 and we have Trainz Classics, will CMP get confused as to what version you want to install it into?

That's all the questions I have.

Dave

This has also been announced - there is no content included except that need for the one route.

Paul

Whoa whoa whoa! So all the content that was TRS2006 Specific such as assets for the Marias Pass Approach don't come with Classics? How and I supposed to run TRS2006 routes if the content from TRS2006 built-in routes are not included, because alot of Content included in Marias Pass, Toronto Railyards is not at the DLS. If I can't get all the assets somewhere to play my current routes: I'm gonna have to pass on Classics. -Chrios

"Trainz Classics edition is everything the newcomer needs to build their own worlds and sessions, use and edit the existing worlds and sessions and discover the Trainz experience in an unimposing environment."

Not sure what this all means.

Starting from base. No 2006, no 2004, does this mean that trainz classics includes a scenery designer and that content made new in gmax or content on the download station (my own) will import into a newly made scenery, plus the 2 routes it comes with?

Not that I would dream of making drivable boats of course or sceneries without trains. ;)

Barry

:)

Last edited:
... in an unimposing environment.

Not sure what this all means.

from the Concise Oxford Dictionary: unimposing = adjective not imposing or impressive.

I sometimes wish that our antipodean friends had the same command of cricket that they have of the English language. :)

I think it has been well explained

With TC you get the 1-2 or 3 routes that the title tells you
+ maybe 1 or 2 sessions depending on the route
+ you get the Trainz basic core to run it on ( it maybe the same core as 2006 and maybe there will be some improvements )
+ you get CMP
maybe trainzMaps ?
maybe the scripting software

with the pack you buy you can run the sessions provided
you can build your own sessions for the route/s provided
you can build your own routes with the assets of the route/s provided
and when you are bored with that you can import content and routes/sessions from the DLS
you should also be able to import the content from your 2006/2004 trainz setups local folder
If or not they will work correctly wil remain to be seen
as we know there are some problems in this area even transfering from the existing trainz edittions ( even from 2006 and 2006with the SP)
Like every thing else some people will love it and some hate it same as 2004/2006

the question regarding content not on the DLS is erelevent as even with 04/06 you can not get what is not there, and Auran with all the best intentions in the world can not change that !!

Whoa whoa whoa! So all the content that was TRS2006 Specific such as assets for the Marias Pass Approach don't come with Classics? How and I supposed to run TRS2006 routes if the content from TRS2006 built-in routes are not included, because alot of Content included in Marias Pass, Toronto Railyards is not at the DLS. If I can't get all the assets somewhere to play my current routes: I'm gonna have to pass on Classics. -Chrios

Still far from clear for me.

quote you "you can build your own routes with the assets of the route/s provided
"

So does it have it's own scenery designer, as with versions 2004 & 2006 of Trainz, and can you make your own content, and/or import ready made content from the download station into the brand new routes you make with nothing to do with the content or routes that it comes with, working from the assumption it is also for people who know nothing about trainz or have any of the previous versions?

Barry

Last edited:
Explaination:

Its like buying a payware route, but you get the core program, the route you buy, the "new" features and CMP to import/export content

HTH

Gangsta_Boi

Modula City is payware. I'm guessing the one with MC will cost more?

I also find a disadvantage because, you can't share routes that have payware objects in them for free on the DLS. What's your game plan, Alan?

Back