Uninstalling RR Sim by TS12 and Installing N3V Games TS-12

vernongt

Vernon
I purchased my TRAINZ 12 from JustTrains as: "Railroad Simulator powered by TRAINZ 12" and haven't been happy with it at all.
Firstly, though I did buy it originally in order to get a 240 page Manual [without having to pay an exorbitant price for it], but when it came, I see the "Driver's Guide" [as they call it], is an edited B&W version.

Anyway, to be short; I went to Simulator Central and purchased the 10th Anniversary Edition in order to get 'the real thing' :udrool: and also to have an original colour version of the Manual. I don't have it yet, but it's on the way.

My question is this: I am having "crashing" problems :confused: with the present "RR Sim by TS12" and wasn't sure about how to uninstall/reinstall and retain my registration at Auran.
Do I need to re-register if I uninstall and re-install either TS2010EE, RR Sim by TS12, or TS-12? :confused:
I'm thinking of doing some "Spring Cleaning" of my Simulator PC and that might help some of my conflicts [which cause crashes].

Look forward to your responses.
Thanks. ;)
Vernon

The registration/serial numbers stay with your account.
Find your ts 12 folder and open it. Open extras, a 240 page manual for your perusal.

Last edited:
Thank you Fran1,
I now understand that the registration stays with my account.

Please tell me, that the NEXT line in your response, isn't a REALLY Catty response from someone who feels somewhat superior?

The 240 page Manual [printed version] that came with my RAILROAD SIMULATOR powered by TRAINZ 12 - from - Just Trains, and the software version on the CD, [in the Extras folder], are edited by Just Trains - and even your Help Desk person seems to agree with ME, THAT THESE TWO VERSIONS of the manual are DIFFERENT from the version supplied in N3V Games TS12.

I don't appreciate the sarcastic response very much. I've littered this "suedo Manual" with yellow highlited pages as I try to make sense of a "Driver's Guide" [as they labelled it], which compares almost identically with an earlier version of the TRAINZ software [but modified]. This book speaks of things that haven't been seen since TRS2006.

Additionally, I need to point out that not every user of the TRAINZ simulator software has a resume such as yours; which dates back prior to the TRS2004 version.
A little empathy on the part of those responding to users requiring help, in fathoming out some of the intricacies of the Installation/Operation/Problem Solving processes that crop up, would be much appreciated.

Now, If that line; directing me to the 'a 240 page manual for your perusal' was not a "SLAP" at me, assuming that I'm one of those who NEVER even opens the User Guides, isn't what it felt like; [up the side of my face], then I wish this above statement by me to be just a guide for those who might like to send such "SLAPS" to us; the less-experienced trainer's.

Let's leave the sarcastic apathetic responses to the politicians of the world, and endeavor [endeavour] to be more friendly, more helpful and more kindly to those of us who sit frustrated to the limits of exasperation, because we don't quite 'get it' when the instructions aren't clear, or our computer-ese is a lot less than yours.
If this Simulator business isn't FUN, THEN WHY ARE WE HERE???

Thanks once more Fran1 for; at least part of your reply.
Vernon.

I didn't even know the manual was there, but I knew there was one somewhere and took the time to find it for you.
As for getting the hump about "perusal", does it mean something else in America. Over here it means read.

I don't appreciate the sarcastic response very much- it wasn't, but you managed it.

I also bought TS12 from Just Trains via Amazon, simply because I had an Amazon gift certificate. Putting aside the manual issues, is the original poster claiming that the software is different than if purchased directly from N3V/Auran when making the statement "to get the real thing'?

I also bought TS12 from Just Trains via Amazon, simply because I had an Amazon gift certificate. Putting aside the manual issues, is the original poster claiming that the software is different than if purchased directly from N3V/Auran when making the statement "to get the real thing'?

There is absolutely no software difference between the Just Trains version and the digital download from N3V, I have both. Got the Just Trains disk as a backup as it was very cheap in a local shop.

Hey fran1; Thanks for helping us new comers. In fact, thanks to all of you that take your time to help us out. We'd be lost without you.

Cheers........Rick

I concur with rickf77. fran1, thank you for all your help on here. You have always been willing to reach out and help us whenever we need it.

Back