Train Derailment in Tunnels

morganw

So I'm building a route which includes a tunnel. Every time I test-run a train through the tunnel, it derails upon exit! This did not happen with a previous tunnel. How can I fix this?

Hi

Are you using one of the tunnels with built-in track? If so, the chances are that you have have a bad joint between the adjacent track and the tunnel itself. Have a careful look at the spline point. Have you got one spline point on top of the other. Better still, remove the section of adjacent track and relay it, ensuring that it clicks into position with the tunnel spline point.

Good luck
Alan

Alan, I already had the outside track connected to the tunnel on either end. (I am using a tunnel with a built-in track.) I've tried relaying the entire section. I've looked at the spline points and heights too. Still, the trains derail upon exit from the tunnel (but not upon entrance). Closing and reopening the game didn't work either.

So Plan B is obviously required and I think cascaderailroad supplies it. Even so I'm puzzled and I don't like things I can't understand. I presume everything is OK at the other end of the tunnel? When you say you can drive a train into the tunnel, do you mean at the same end that you have the derailment on exit? Is it a single track tunnel and, if not, is the second track OK?

Alan

I've had this happen as well, and is usually caused by bad baseboards or tunnels. Try adding spline points at points within the tunnel. Be aware that you may have to rotate signals within the tunnel afterwards.

Shane

I would drive into a tunnel and derail on the opposite end. Or I would place a vehicle inside a tunnel, drive it, and derail at either end. It is a single track tunnel.

But anyway, I got the problem fixed now. Relaying the section yet another time did work. Thanks for all the help!

--Morgan

Back