Fixed GEVO12 engine sounds

justinroth

First, let me start by saying what a great job you guys are doing! I am never dissatisfied with Jointed Rail content. I did however notice some audio editing problems with this particular engine sound dependency. There are errors in the engine sound files causing clicking and popping due to the loops not ending on a zero crossing. I also noticed they were set a little high, so I normalized the volume down a bit. Has anyone noticed similar problems or is my audio tech. ear listening too closely :). I have not uploaded or shared the revised version, however if you would like the edits it is no problem.

Sincerely, Justin M. Roth

First, let me start by saying what a great job you guys are doing! I am never dissatisfied with Jointed Rail content. I did however notice some audio editing problems with this particular engine sound dependency. There are errors in the engine sound files causing clicking and popping due to the loops not ending on a zero crossing. I also noticed they were set a little high, so I normalized the volume down a bit. Has anyone noticed similar problems or is my audio tech. ear listening too closely :). I have not uploaded or shared the revised version, however if you would like the edits it is no problem.

Could you make a youtube video comparison of the sounds?

I did not clone the original sounds :(. For future reference what utility could I use to record video off of TRS?

i can check but i dont think i made this mistake. i always make sure the sounds loop where the wave crosses 0.

i checked idle1. i do not hear any problem with this file. the hiss and pst sounds you hear are the locomotive's air dryer, not editing mistakes. the periodic release of moisture by these devices can make it sounds like ticking sometimes.

Yes, they remove moisture from the brake line :) def. a zero crossing issue (DC offset). Why would my engine sound file be like this? Kind of odd, but I guess if no one noticed it why fix what ain't broke!

Back