QR CLONCURRY-PHOSPHATE HILL Multi Player?

comtrain

QR CLONCURRY-PHOSPHATE HILL kuid:46489:100044 by Patchy

Just discovered this amazing (huge) outback railway by Patchy
It loads up pretty well and looks interesting :D
However I wondered if Patchy or other knowledgeable people would describe the type of trains that would run on such a map.

To be honest I cannot find any QR stock that I think would run. Is their suitable stock?
Is it loadable?

Thought I might start a thread here if anybody is interested in seeing this map work.

I envisage running it in three eras
Say 60's and 70's with blue QR stock and older ore wagons
Say 80's and 90's with Modern QR stock Stainless steel?
And then 2013 with new GE and EMD equipment such as Vinny's latest stuff

I guess the Inlander could pass by too? heading for the Isa? Maybe not
Anyway if Greg or Willem could update some / build some wagons and with Patch's permission, I can see this supporting 6 to 10 people in Multi player
that is if anybody is interested?
Another thing that could be done (if rolling stock is available is convert track to 3 ft 6 inch and run it as it should be :D
Cheers
Rod (comtrain)

cloncurry_01.jpg

Just recently returned from an inland adventure, and this picture reminded me of the "in your face colours" and something else as well.
I have never stood in the middle of thousands of square miles and turned around to see the curving horizon on land before. I had only ever seen this from the air
The picture shows the effect
Well done Patchy :D
Cheers
Rod

Not going to work in current state

Sorry to spoil the fun, but...
  • There are 23 dependencies on that route which can not be found on the DLS (or at least not with my TS12 build 49922), which makes the route not able to be used for multiplayer.
  • The route has a build version lower then 2.7 (the minimum for TS12). We have experience in the past with other routes lower then this build version that multiplayer simply does not work.

So if you are going to talk with Patch about permission, ask if he can also update his route to a slightly higher build version and if he can replace those 23 items with DLS items.

As far as I can find out, because most missing are completely unknown to DLS, The missing assets are buildings and motor vehicles.
Not a big deal to delete at all. I have exhaustively examined the map and not noticed any holes that might indicate a major item is missing ;)

Cheers
Rod

That's not the problem. Any assets that are not on the DLS or built-in will prevent the map/route and any related sessions being used for multiplayer.

Shane

Shane, mate
That is not a problem at all. :wave:
Please don't concentrate on the negatives. Too much of that and I started this for the positives, you going to frighten people away, and that's what is wrong with multi player.
The modded map will be uploaded if we get something to run on it.
Presently a few of us are testing industries and working out a way to get it right
Hopefully the map owner can just do the upload, prepared for him, when it is or if it is finished
Have a nice day :eek:
Cheers
Rod

I'm trying not to, but it's N3V's rules that only content on the DLS and built-in content can be used in a Multiplayer route/session, and there's no way of getting round it, apart from replacing the unknown assets with assets that are available either on the Download Station or as built-in content.

Shane

It is you who qualified the plain facts as negative, not me ;).

Anyway, I checked the map and it looks interesting. Hope you can work it out.
Might be nice to add a few more simple industries along the route, like replacing some of the roads near cattle farms by track loading points.

Interested to see what you make of it. Awaiting the update.

O, by the way, the route region is currently set to Germany. So if you are updating it anyway...

It is you who qualified the plain facts as negative, not me ;).

Anyway, I checked the map and it looks interesting. Hope you can work it out.
Might be nice to add a few more simple industries along the route, like replacing some of the roads near cattle farms by track loading points.

Interested to see what you make of it. Awaiting the update.

O, by the way, the route region is currently set to Germany. So if you are updating it anyway...

ah? I was not using negatives in connection with your post as you rightly pointed out that the map needed work and the makers assistance to get a copy running in MP. I thought it was clear though that I expect no problems in that regard :)
In the 60's I am pretty sure trains operated into smaller towns although this is thousands of miles North of me, and I am uncertain of the area. Today though these towns if they still existed would probably not see a train stop as the traffic would be reduced to stock trains and mineral trains.
I have just gone into google to search it out, and now I am not even certain it is a real railway at all. Far from carting iron ore it used to provide as the name suggests phosphates (rock)
So under those circumstances, if it is so, I guess anything goes :)
Cheers
Rod

Hi Rod,

I made this for 06 and most missings were TransDem textures QR Cloncurry-Phospate Hill Mine QR Mt Isa
This route also merges with QR Mt Isa just north of Duchess, Don't know anything about Multi Player if you want to see if you can get it working go for your life :)
When i give it a run, i run coal to Mica Creek,Then to Mt Isa To get Ore back to Cloncurry
If you want to change the route to suite what you are familar with thats okay with me
It goes aright in 012 exept the trees look bloody awful and i did have problem with some speed signs did'nt transfer over
Don't hesitate to get in contact with me

Cheers,
Patchy

Thanks Patchy
I did send an email off, but now that I know you have seen it all is well :)
Did this or does this line exist?
Cheers
Rod

hey com train have a search in the forums for qr national 3100/3200 class thread from memory and it's got all different locos and rolling stock like the big qr national ones.

also at QDR trainz someone just recently putted the vajq coal hopper up for download.

Last edited:
Back