South Wales Main Line

alloco

Hi i am planning to build some of the South Wales Main Line Swansea-Cardiff-Newport. And Maybey a few other branches:cool:

IKB has already done a considerable amount of work on that route, but he has lost interest in it & has released it as
an Alpha to anyone who wants to finish it. but there are one or two stipulations.

I suggest you contact him, it could save you a lot of work.

I admire your enthusiasm. This could take a considerable time unless you can get some help. Angelah is making a good model of Cardiff Central that you could use. Would your version of Newport be based on the original station buildings or the new design building?

Andy

Edit: Or you could save some time by picking up where someone else has left off :eek:

Last edited:
Mabey, i will look at the Cardiff Central that Angelah has made. But i am thinking of making my own. And i live in cardiff so i can just take the train to Central and newport simples.

And another thing where can i find this model of Cardiff Central because i can't find it on DLS? And is the Unfinished route on the DLS Aswell because i would like to take a loook at it?

And another thing where can i find this model of Cardiff Central because i can't find it on DLS? And is the Unfinished route on the DLS Aswell because i would like to take a loook at it?

This is the d/l link for the unfinished route .............
http://www.adrive.com/public/3CQHHa/South and West Wales - Alpha 1.1.3.rar

Here is the description that goes with it .......................
Alpha release which i have lost interest in doing anymore too.

Track laid by John Arran, signalling all done by myself.

Using the SRS signal diagrams, so they are pretty much spot on.

Some signals are missing, as i have placed them at least 5 times, but they keep disappearing.

Next to nothing in regards scenery, although i have painted a base texture along the track and added a ballast texture.

Uses assets from the S&C 2009 release, but mostly DLS assets needed apart from some Pofig trees and shrubs.

Should add that the terrain is all DEM generated and the mileages are spot on.

The era is 1945 - 1975, semaphore signaled.

Swansea High St - Neyland, WR mainline

Swansea Victoria - Llandeilo LMR\WR line

Carmarthen - Llandeilo Branch

Whitland - Pembroke Dock Branch

Johnston - Milford Haven Branch

Various other connecting lines and unfinished branches with portals.

If anyone wishes to add scenery and release it.

All i ask is that you retain the track layout and era ( semaphores ) and the location names.

Only to be released through 'British Trainz' forum or TPR.

Last edited:
I have not finalised the night mode for Cardiff Central yet so it isn't up. I am working on some Staines stuff at the moment as I spent several days just on Cardiff's night mode and I am still not happy about it and needed a rest to think it over. But I have experimented again and I think I have the solution at last.

Staines new station is well under way and I have already made the 3 small shacks that are a taxi firm, a newspaper shack and a shoe mender. Even though I say it myself they are pretty nice. I saw some Russian huts a while ago and thought they were pretty neat so I had a go myself. Tomorrow I'll get a couple of shots up.

After Staines new building I'll finish Cardiff and get that up on the DS. I have not put Great Western on the top, the idea was for it to be used more generally.
Then it might be Staines old building, might as well finish that off and probably the 2 footbridges. So plenty on my plate.

Angela

Could one of the branches be the Heart of Wales line? It's a lovely route, single track and very picturesque. It runs by the bottom of my sister's garden in Llandrindod Wells.

Mick Berg.

I will think about that but i am also thinking of making the Valley Lines Aswell which is another project underaway

Ok Thanks, i have tried to make my own cardiff central but its not going to well so i will use yours when its done.

Ok Thanks, i have tried to make my own cardiff central but its not going to well so i will use yours when its done.

I can understand that, it is not the easiest of stations to make. I'will see if I can speed the night process up for you. Are you anywhere near Cardiff with the route yet?

A very brave undertaking and it will make an amazing route when completed. I live about halfway between Cardiff and Swansea so will follow your progress with great interest. With that in view why not make a thread in the screenshots section devoted to it and psot shotz as you go?
Did you catch the recent series on telly about the Welsh Highland Railway, very good.

Good luck and if I can help, ask.

Angela

Well i did try to make my own cardiff central but it didn't go down well. I will wait untill you have made Cardiff central

One more thing is Cardiff Central station gonna be a passenger station or just a normal station i need to know before i start newport

Back