Windows 8 and Trainz 12 communication error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGDrums

Hey guys! I installed Trainz Simulator 12 on my Windows 8 computer. It was working fine yesterday. Today I try to load the game up and its says "Your hardware or software is unable to communicate correctly with Trainz." I have DirectX11. The program needs Windows 7 minimum. Is Windows 8 too new for Trainz 12 or is there something else wrong? Thank you very much- Joe

I'm running Traniz 12 on my Win 8 computer and it works fine. After I update the Traniz software I did have to restart my computer. Everything worked just fine.

One thing I for got add. Before I installed Trainz 12 I made sure that Windows 8 and my video drivers were updated. This might be of some help.

I don't have any issues either.

Does it work with OpenGL? If so, you might trying changing the graphics resolution settings and try Directx again ... also, Trainz doesn't really support DirectX 11 ... if you haven't already, install DirectX 9.0c (you can have both DirectX11 and DirectX9 installed at the same time without any issues).

--- Jeff

Last edited:
Jeff,

I found I had to run the program with Open/GL under Windows 8. It runs fine with DirectX with Windows 7.

He'll still need DirectX 9 installed anyway even with Open/GL.

John

Trainz can on occasion throw up this error. Your best bet is to first try a simple restart of your computer, often times this is enough to correct the error. If it continues to be an issue after a full restart, then the above statements should be looked into...

cheers,

There is another possibility here. Sometimes, the settings in the Trainz Options box can reset themselves for no apparent reason so check this as well. (to access these, click Options on the Launcher).

Shane

I found that using a PC with Windows 10 one has to install DirectX 9c onto the computer in order for older games to work and also when running in compatibilty mode.
Some older games that originally run with Directx 9c have now been modified by software suppliers so that they can now run in DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 mode.
An example is the American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator games.
Awesome graphics display with an updated GPU running with DirectX 11
There are a lot of old games out there that could also be redeveloped to be fully compatable for later version computer hardware and software.

The Trainz Simulator 12 product uses Directx 9c and DirectX 10 and runs OK in normal mode on ones laptop with Windows 10 (64 bits) version.
I found that a laptop graphics card with only 512 megabytes of GPU ram is sufficient video memory for the running of the classic Trainz Sim 12 game.

The Trainz Simulator 12 product uses Directx 9c and DirectX 10 and runs OK in normal mode on ones laptop with Windows 10 (64 bits) version.
I found that a laptop graphics card with only 512 megabytes of GPU ram is sufficient video memory for the running of the classic Trainz Sim 12 game.

First this thread is very old.

TS12 did most of it's graphics on the CPU. It is no longer available from N3V but is still available from Steam.

TANE will just about run on intel integrated graphics HD 4000 or later Middleton for laptops was built to do just that and there is a version for TS12 floating around that will run on low end machines. The highest available from N3V that doesn't need a GPU is TRS2009.

Cheerio John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back