Posting screenshots with windows 8 ?

hotgrove

The normal procedure I used on my previous system just wont work......is there a simple way to do this ?

Still having awful trouble with screenshots with this system......this is what i'm getting...
2dtq2qa.jpg

well it's up to you if you want to go that way or not but if ya do steam it prety much eazy to use & most games are going to steam anyways even this has gone to it but i still like the look of having a hard copy in my hand :p over a download copy

In TS12, hopefully this will work with your version, when I press the "Print Screen" key in Trainz (Surveyor or Driver), the screen shots are placed in this directory on my system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\N3V Games\TS12\UserData\screenshots

Depending where you installed Trainz, you should have a similar folder.

Andrew

I appreciate the help but as a rank novice i haven't got a clue what steam is.....how to get it.....how to add trz 2009 to it....nor what to do with it.......a techno thickie.

In TS12, hopefully this will work with your version, when I press the "Print Screen" key in Trainz (Surveyor or Driver), the screen shots are placed in this directory on my system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\N3V Games\TS12\UserData\screenshots

Depending where you installed Trainz, you should have a similar folder.

Andrew

I have trainz 2009.....the print screen stores them in my trz 2009 folder.......as they did on my previous system......I use the same procedure as before with tiny-pic but with windows 8 the images are black and white and distorted.

If you are running Trainz in full-screen mode, try changing to a windowed mode. It's a little lower resolution than full-screen, but might help with your screen shots.

that may work aswell :) if ya could use window mode :p i can't LOL i can't remember what it was why but i think it's XP or the video card i'm using

thanks for the help guys.....tried it in windowed mode......after print screen I had no access to the image......it wont show up.......I just can't handle trainz with windows 8.....tks anyway.

Dude, it's not that difficult. believe me! The process is no different in Windows 8 than it would be in Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

You press your PrtScrn key on your keyboard while viewing your favorite moment. The hard drive might gurgle a bit as it saves the file to your hard drive, and there may even be a slight pause as it writes.

When you're done with all the screen shots, you can then upload them to Image Shack, Photo Bucket or one of the other services.

The files are located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\N3V\TS12\User Data\Screenshots folder, or wherever you installed Trainz TS12.

The pictures are JPEGs and are easily uploaded to one of the above mentioned websites.

To share the images, you click on the share the image button, or whatever it's called there. A list of different http codes comes up. Choose one of them, and copy it and paste it into the forum post.

John

Boomer may have something there with the video card. Windows 8 may not have the latest video drivers for your card yet.

I just switched over to Windows 8 on my system and tried a few screen prints with TS12, both windowed and full-screen, and they came out fine.

hotgrove, I hope you get it figured out! :)

Andrew

(If he's in the UK, he probably called it quits for the night - it's almost 2 AM there!)

Been trying for a couple of days now with various hosting sites and i'm getting this error message.........."Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.....you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item "..............I do know the procedure for posting screenshots......I've posted hundreds of them.......just can't do it with windows 8.

Last edited:
Been trying for a couple of days now with various hosting sites and i'm getting this error message.........."Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.....you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item "..............I do know the procedure for posting screenshots......I've posted hundreds of them.......just can't do it with windows 8.

Okay... This is different.

What browser are you using?

IE 10 has some higher security than IE 8 or IE9. I found that I had to run the browser in compatibility mode for various websites. This is done right in the browser. Click on Tools and Compatibility settings. Check the box for running all sites in compatibility mode and see if this works.

If this doesn't work, can you open up the Screenshots folder yourself using File Explorer?

If you can't get there yourself, then there's something wrong with your system.

If you can get there, you can then copy or move the files elsewhere and try to upload them again.

As an alternative to IE 10, use Chrome or FireFox and see if that works.

John

By accident the screenshot worked although it is extremely poor on my screen......as stated above I had to reduce the screen resolution to 1024 x 768.........my recommended screen resolution is 1366 x 768 but tiny pic dosen't support this.

Last edited:
Back