Makeing a long industry track?

jd_james

Is there a way I can make or edit existing industry tracks to make them longer? I would like to have a long industry track to load automobiles into multiple autoracks at a time to save time. I would like to make a track as long as about 500 M. I also would like to use LARS based industries track.

Why would you need a long industry track when Lars only needs one car placed on it to load any number of cars?
Mike

You need to use 'Proto-Lars' industries. You put the industry track at the auto loading ramp end of your siding. It will then load any number of auto racks provided they are coupled together and the end car is centered over the industry track. You park a cut of empty cars at the ramp and come back later and they are loaded, just like the prototype!

Just a query on a 500 meter long auto loading siding though - while I am not saying such a thing does not nor has never existed, most proto loaders I've seen use several short tracks rather than one long track....

Hello,
Has the industry been setup to load the autoracks? If not then the cars will not load.
Kenny

I have set all the autoracks in the consist to accept automotive Chrysler product and the Pro-Lars to produce 256 automotive Chrysler product while having it to 0 consume automotive Chrysler product. The train does not even lock up like it normally does when loading products.

The train does not even lock up like it normally does when loading products.

I suspect you are not using it right. The Proto-Lars tracks do not work like other industries. You run a cut of cars onto the track - it is important that one car is centered over the Proto-Lars track. You cut off the switcher, go away, do other things, come back later and the cars are loaded. It's been a while since I used these, but iirc the time delay between drop-off and pick-up is a settable parameter. As suggested - read the manual.....

:)

Back