A problem with my Q and D

domsarto

better build
TRS2010:

When in surveyer mode in 2010 and using the search function to select track, if I press Q (searching for quad track) my game closes and If I press D (searching for DS) it closes and deletes the map I have been working. Has anybody got any ideas on this.
(this only started after loading game onto new pc). The game is build 49933.

Dominic

Last edited:
Shane,

Beginning to think you are on the right track there.
Just checked TrainzDiagLog file and it shows the following:

Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5.QQQQQ on Nov 27 2009 at 05:27:20.
Begin:
? 00001548 Warn 0:00.8 Trainz : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
End.

means I will have to do another install.

Dominic

That message also crops up on mine, and my keyboard commands work OK. Have you got something like the Bing Bar installed?

Shane

Have you got sticky keys set on? (A windows accessibility function.)

Do you have -debug line set in trainzoptions? (allowing you to speed up the clock in a session by pressing shift). When I press shift for too long my PC tries to put sticky keys on.

ctrl-d would cause route to close with no save

Last edited:
trainzoptions

-DepthBits=24
-StencilBits=8
-Jet=bin
-cabinfov=60
-DefaultAutoMip=none
-DynamicVertexBufferSize=4194304
-DynamicIndexBufferSize=196608
-VBO
-width=1024
-height=768
-freeintcam

sticky keys off

stickykeys_zps54351fac.png

New PC .. Hmmm...Just on the off chance, check the computer operating system's keyboard language settings to make sure that you don't have non standard keyboard selected.

Standard Keyboard with English language set up. (Windows 7)

Q and D working perfectly in both upper and lower case in Windows office 2010, Outlook, Notepad, Adobe Photoshop, etc.

This closing of the program only effects Trainz.

Dom,

Anything wrong with your number pad? Some of the same characters over there control the same functions?

John

John,

Brand new keyboard.

Dominic

Hmm... This is weird.

Another dumb question... did you touch any language settings on your system, or somehow have your keyboard get remapped? Other than this I'd say you may just have to reinstall, but that would be a waste of time if it isn't the program causing the issue.

John

No problems with the language settings:

languagesettings_zps1b46c120.png

Stongly thinking of doing a reinstall, but, not until sometime next week.

Dominic

Just an update on my P and Q's. After doing a reinstall trainz still closing down when searching for an item in surveyor when Q is initally pressed. ie tryng to search for quad track type the q - trainz qoes wham bam thank you mam I'm out of here - really is frustrating.

Back