Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

Quote Originally Posted by stratuspheretrish View Post
    Wait nvm, Ill do the Doylestown/Paoli line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFRXwDicqwM looks pretty simple lol
    Pretty sure that's the Lansdale Line, which is separate from the Thornesdale/Paoli Line (a.k.a. the Keystone Corridor).
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

United States of America, pennsylvania, philadelphia

Sorry thats what I MEANT haha xD I was really sleepy

Hello again. Pictures from what I've been learning since last time:

My doors now:

Lights working as I want:

Finally have a texture group working:

Spent most of time learning Andi's Superscript. Been through 32 pages of FAQ's here as well as the manual. What a fantastic asset, thanks Andi. What I've shown is as far as I've really understood so far. I still can't get my signs to work yet on the SL-V yet. Haven't tried it on anything else.

The heck are those big things jutting up into the sky in some of your pics a pages back??

Nice work, nonetheless.

United States of America, PA, Philadelphia

I love the Silverliner V so far and great destination table! Don't forget the Cynwyd Line That's my favorite, with the little one car train. I'm working on M4s (reskined from Redbirds) and "AM Generals" (reskined from Flyer E700s) for my next two projects.

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

Looking good. Can't wait to put a Silverliner V on my route!
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

Thank you all for your compliments. As soon as I looked at my own picture (it's how I take an objective look at my work), I had to change things. I did like the end I've shown because, well, there's no doubt it's the right one. Problem is, it's "too" prebuilt. I would've shown it the next day, but I started pulling my hair out trying to get the destination signs working. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED TODAY! I'm in love with how it looks now (any anticipation yet?) I'm going to spend from now through the end of the week working on a nice pretty version to show. I believe I can now!! Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by applegathc View Post
    The heck are those big things jutting up into the sky in some of your pics a pages back??

Nice work, nonetheless.
    From memory, I believe you see my stubborness. When I worked on the Airport, I was still using "undo". NO NO NO! In addition to the protrusions, my planes fall out of the sky now lol. I'll get back there eventually. BTW, that was the last time I "undid" anything. Thanks again guys, your encouragement keeps me going.

Whaaaat the hell.

Is this in 2010 or 12?

Quote Originally Posted by applegathc View Post
    Whaaaat the hell.

Is this in 2010 or 12?
    It's for TS10. Is that WTH good? or not?

Anyways, hello agaiin. I'm posting these today to remove my self imposed deadline. I do best when I don't put times on things. I've still only scratched the surface. I haven't done anything interior yet. Thanks again Andi for this incredible script. Thanks to everyone else in the support thread for your problems. I think I've experienced every one

I don't know if you notice, but Running numbers!! Not exactly specific as I haven't researched Septa's yet. I've seen enough of "701" to start there. I'd like these to based on it's real schedule (yup, more work).

Couplers! Dunno what belongs, but sure it's one of the ones available:

For you Trizzy

On it's way to the Airport

Still so much to do...

United States of America, Floatin' Along the Delaware River
    Blog Entries

Hi. I tried PMing you but your mailbox is full. Here is what I wrote:

I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten about you. I have made a substantial effort to ride the SL-V but just haven't since our last conversation. I hope to get more info and textures of the interior. It's just that the handful of times I've ridden SEPTA the last several weeks, I've only gotten SL-IVs. (But I have some potentially good textures of those...lol). I suppose I could always try and see if I can ask for a look at a SL-V at the West Trenton layover.

Good work on your Market East. Funny that your floor tiles in one of the above pics look the same as mine, although the station as a whole looks pretty close to done. If you upload it, remember that the cut-off for pre-TS12 stuff is in a week and a half. It looks like I'm going to have to rush my catenary to meet that deadline.

In any case, keep up the good work!
    Eat More Popsicles.

Thanks RR. I can get back to doing a releasable Market East for you. This taught me texture replacement. Those dest. boards will definitely work when I'm done. I didn't know there's about to be a cutoff for '10. I planned to send you directly anything you wanted. send these to you directly since I know you have interest. Using superscript makes my next project easier. I was going to do the Silverliner IV too. Looking at what I have so far (just the textures), I can merge it as a skin. Different body configs, but alphas should get me around that. I guess I should update this to move into the the imported over there ('12) then. Anytime my box is full drop me a line here. I have some good pms that I don't want to lose. I try to keep 2 spots free. What 2 people are gonna pm me lol?

Edit: old man in me forgot that outbox msgs count too. I'm good now.
    Last edited by t8dagr8; August 21st, 2014 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRSignal View Post
    Hi. I tried PMing you but your mailbox is full. Here is what I wrote:

If you upload it, remember that the cut-off for pre-TS12 stuff is in a week and a half. It looks like I'm going to have to rush my catenary to meet that deadline.

In any case, keep up the good work!
    I went up through page 4 on the end of support thread. All it changes is anything I'd release soon. Whatever I release, I'd want it somewhere that most users could have access. Gauging by support shown here (maybe 5 seriously like what I'm doing), sending anything via cdp would be my preferred method. I haven't looked into how free hosting sites (other than pics) operate, but maybe a veteran will help me out when it's time. I think the biggest reason I stayed in TS10 format was that I didn't see an exporter for 12 the last time I looked. Most responses in this thread are from people who still operate in the '10 and below environment. I haven't seriously done anything in '12 other than the 2 things (play with AJS junctions and ride the NEC) I wanted to. I prefer to stay in '10 but if needed this will be by '12 standards. I'm still working on meeting '10's standards lol.

Stuff like that creeps me out, haha-

Hello again. If my pictures would make you think otherwise, I still only plan to release things that are 100% my own (or freeware with a clear license to do so). Before I showed the last pictures of my work, I did credit how much I've learned from the Bombardier source file. Not for reskinning purposes, but for the purpose it claims to be for. To learn how to implement features, textures, etc. for your own meshes into the game. I read the license. I understand my pictures tend to jump around. It's how I learn. I enjoy it all. Not trying to start a bit of anything. My own eye would raise questions. No one has said anything to me. I could mention I remember Kieran's archived post about someone showing source code for the Bombardier four years ago ( I really am doing as much homework as possible). All I was showing was my learning that I could implement the features I wanted. The goal still is the SL-V, not Bombardier V . In keeping with the livery choices, the base choice usually is unpainted right? That's still as far as I am.