Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

It's possible it is. Until I take a look in game I won't know for sure. I'm using what I can in the meantime

Thank you so much TheTrainlover. I'm still working on it. Still much to be done. I have my first Pantograph working. Credit goes to alex_trs for the height adjusting script. The wheels are working and animated too, I need to remodel them though. I'm getting more comfy getting textures to show as I see, will still be some time to see it fully throughout. I've been focused inside lately. Very little has been fully textured, if anything. Still debating rebuilding the body as a whole.

Route wise this area is already done well by TPR. I can add structures alongside it. My route is still in the tunnel. It's about the station more than the building. I'm departing 30th St. in my shots so may as well.
R1bL5Dg.jpg

Quh9vJd.jpg

XZUGZjW.jpg

yXKuCbX.jpg

Tzlekkv.jpg

H7TESDd.jpg

I'm not too proud of the last update. I'll still show it regardless. I'll prolly feel the same tomorrow about this one lol.

kZVMXtf.jpg

oWR2qSr.jpg

Amazing work T8dagr8 :) Your Philadelpia - 30th street station is looking great. Alot of great detail in and around the area. I have to do the same once I start rebuilding Grand Central Terminal in the Major Tri State Area Project

Thank you so much Malikrthr! I really thought I lost any viewership here. I'm trying to represent this better than I have in the past. I'm working on the west side of the station now trying to get the tunnel and yard correct.

All we have in Trainz to date, is the old, re-done NEC route by Nuemann, created a decade ago ... You would have thought that by a decade later we would have an accurate NEC DEM route from Trenton NJ to Wilmington DE, including S Phila Greenwich yard to Valley Forge, 30th St to Paoli, Phila to Media, and the CSX line

If I could acquire the blank DEM, I would help out, making portions of it complete

Several people have worked on this route, but it seems all have gone vaporware

Do I really need to purchase Transdem, and make a brand new DEM from scratch, when some people out there are sitting on the blank, unfinished, unreleased DEM

I believe that one guy from Germany has Phila to Harrisburg DEM
===============================================================

I was thinking ... as this route is absolutely huge ... several people should be working on areas distant, and outside the scope of the OP ... In my case I am familiar with RG Grays Ferry and S Phila Greenwich yards.

Where can I acquire the blank DEM map, so I can work on these 2 areas, so I can donate the finished product (RG Grays Ferry and S Phila Greenwich yards) to the OP, so mine can be merged onto his DEM ?
=====================================

Is this route still being worked on ?

Is there anyone else working on the Philadelphia area ?

I was wondering if this route is going to include RG Grays Ferry yard, and S Phila Greenwich yard ?

I have the Fishlipsatwork HOG DEM that I could help you out with those areas, if that would be a mergable HOG DEM, compatible with your DEM ?

Hi Cascade. This route is still being worked on, but I took a break. Seeing Trizzy's video this morning reminded me I have things to do. Outside of Trizzy, I'm not sure if anyone is working in this area. Sorry for the delayed response, I just needed a break away. Work has resumed, but seriously only going to show pictures I'm proud of. Best way to check if route is being worked on relates to last time I'm seen. I visit daily when I'm working on the route. Thank you for your interest, and I'm back to working on it.

All we have in Trainz to date, is the old, re-done NEC route by Nuemann, created a decade ago ... You would have thought that by a decade later we would have an accurate NEC DEM route from Trenton NJ to Wilmington DE, including S Phila Greenwich yard to Valley Forge, 30th St to Paoli, Phila to Media, and the CSX line

If I could acquire the blank DEM, I would help out, making portions of it complete

<snip>

I was thinking ... as this route is absolutely huge ... several people should be working on areas distant, and outside the scope of the OP ... In my case I am familiar with RG Grays Ferry and S Phila Greenwich yards.

Where can I acquire the blank DEM map, so I can work on these 2 areas, so I can donate the finished product (RG Grays Ferry and S Phila Greenwich yards) to the OP, so mine can be merged onto his DEM ?
=====================================
<snip>

I was wondering if this route is going to include RG Grays Ferry yard, and S Phila Greenwich yard ?

I have the Fishlipsatwork HOG DEM that I could help you out with those areas, if that would be a mergable HOG DEM, compatible with your DEM ?

I still have the DEMs, this time it's in small bits, so if you're still interested, I can send whichever you needed/wanted. As far as yard names, the only one I know is the Penn/Coach yard. I don't plan to leave much out, certainly not a yard. I had done more since my last update, but I'm not too proud of it and most has to be redone.

va36k7l.jpg

VgIQ691.jpg

k0KwMWt.jpg

cuFOtAF.jpg

fl9aEdW.jpg

HGI2Z7U.jpg

v90pPJf.jpg

GiDvVF6.jpg

va36k7l

Hello again. I've finally started working on my own complete route. I'm laying my own track this time so I can better use my time. TransDem usually lays it and I adjust heights. Nothing has changed as far as destinations, but before I get into that I have to build from the ground up. I'm done experimenting and have a feel for what I want.

Here is the current phase as a map:
oQMdpof.jpg

My current progress overall:
YKY5HJU.jpg

OQ4xAIU.jpg

REUntwF.jpg

XzkXWnE.jpg

Showing the SEPTA side but only the tracks are laid.
UmAEmTo.jpg

No amazing progress, I just understand I needed to build the foundation before anything.

So you're making an EMU and a big route, that's amazing wish you luck !

Thank you MF01, I hope to get this done.

Back