Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

I keep waiting for that magical moment that there are no problems before I update. I'm still working on it.

Thanks PBY357. I'm still around, but that bar stays high with the Gmax render thread. I am working on the route too. Focus is between the Airport and Temple.

Hello again. Thanks to everyone who still visits. I'd love to shed most of these pages, but quality is still in progress. I still work on this most days, most time lost due to render times. I'm close to texturing I like, but there's still more to do. I move around from piece to piece to keep the creativity flowing. Things are getting much better.

This was the last pass at the bogey. It's 2nd on the next pass list. Body is 1st.

I think the biggest thing I do that kills interest is only showing my "Low Poly fails". The wheels come to mind.

It's far past time I start getting this cab right. I can't explain how I can now zoom further than in the past to see what's in here, but it's happening.

(In Meshviewer)

Thanks to everyone.

Looking great. FWIW, low poly fails can usually be used for lower LoD levels, so they're actually a big time-saver, if you use LoD. Quite a few times, I've been able to reuse a mediocre mesh for a farther LoD with little or no alteration, sometimes even for the second (high-detail) LoD. Hope that rekindles your motivation a little!

Thanks a bunch. I know they get to looking bad, it doesn't seem to really kick in to my own eyes until I take a later look at it. The real wheel is 7k polys (56k all 8). I know I can do a lower version better, I just have to tackle it early in the day. I wanted to re show the interior, since last time it was so bare and not even close. I just added what I've done lately.

Just be careful with texturing the paint scheme on, because one you do that the amount of polygon triple and you'll give Trainz a heart attack. I'd say keep it naked until you have a runable product then make skin files. That would come in handy too considering both Philadelphia and Denver now have Silverliner Vs. (Tho the ones in Denver are more Long Island Railroad like.)

I really appreciate that tip Trizzy. My happiness about Blender was that I could rebuild this, and hopefully someone would handle the texturing.

Wow, man. Living a perfect distance from Exton and Paoli along the Keystone Corridor I'm very used to seeing a lot of that equipment. You're doing very well with it. Nice job! Can't wait for when it's finished. :)

Hello again, it's been some time! So much that I forgot where I used to host my pictures, and then I forgot it's IP based lol. New Comp so here we go!!

I love you RRSignal! You were the first name that came up when I first searched for assets for this city. This thread exists because I wanted to "test something" due to an item of yours. When you "test something" this is what we get:

Testing something huh?

ZOMG we all know I spent too much time here trying to create this. You did the station but, YOU DID THE WALL MAN!! It's beautiful!!

I want this to keep going, though I knew 9 years ago you could build this whole city, but even you have to rest...

In burying the lead fashion, I revived this thread because I need help. Instead of starting a new thread named The Philadelphia Commuter tunnel...

and showing how I'm trying to start small with something to add (again)...

I tried to kitbash again. I do as well as usual...

Someone PLEASE help me to stop doing this. I'd rather do something more productive since the hardest thing here has already been done by RRSignal

I want to start with the easiest thing here I could do:
Cycles Render

Blender Render

Cont'd

Haha could've skipped I can talk.

I need help setting Blender up as an environment for Trainz. I can only show textures in Blender. Mesh is fine but no textures exported anywhere unlike the Tutorial asset.

Cause: Changing to Blender, but kept trying to export via maxexporter. Scariest problems are ones google don't know because it's certainly a "me" problem. Blender will install any zip file w/o error msg.

Last edited:
Still working at it.

Along with it I plan to release the vehicles that stop at these stations. No transforming or stuff like that, but at least functioning.

Going to be in this thread til the end. Thank you for letting it last this long.

I'm a point that I can take a break and refresh myself on the ins and outs of actually getting this in game. Still minor fixing, but I'm not adding too much more than what's there now. Obvious omissions yes, but that's about it. Bogey turned out better than I thought, but I still need to work with it.

Nothing is attached yet.want to make sure i get it right

Back