Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

Wow, man. Living a perfect distance from Exton and Paoli along the Keystone Corridor I'm very used to seeing a lot of that equipment. You're doing very well with it. Nice job! Can't wait for when it's finished.

Hello again, it's been some time! So much that I forgot where I used to host my pictures, and then I forgot it's IP based lol. New Comp so here we go!!

I love you RRSignal! You were the first name that came up when I first searched for assets for this city. This thread exists because I wanted to "test something" due to an item of yours. When you "test something" this is what we get:

Testing something huh?

ZOMG we all know I spent too much time here trying to create this. You did the station but, YOU DID THE WALL MAN!! It's beautiful!!

I want this to keep going, though I knew 9 years ago you could build this whole city, but even you have to rest...

In burying the lead fashion, I revived this thread because I need help. Instead of starting a new thread named The Philadelphia Commuter tunnel...

and showing how I'm trying to start small with something to add (again)...

I tried to kitbash again. I do as well as usual...

Someone PLEASE help me to stop doing this. I'd rather do something more productive since the hardest thing here has already been done by RRSignal

I want to start with the easiest thing here I could do:
    Cycles Render

Blender Render

Cont'd

Haha could've skipped I can talk.

I need help setting Blender up as an environment for Trainz. I can only show textures in Blender. Mesh is fine but no textures exported anywhere unlike the Tutorial asset.

Cause: Changing to Blender, but kept trying to export via maxexporter. Scariest problems are ones google don't know because it's certainly a "me" problem. Blender will install any zip file w/o error msg.
    Last edited by t8dagr8; November 27th, 2017 at 08:04 AM.

Still working at it.

Along with it I plan to release the vehicles that stop at these stations. No transforming or stuff like that, but at least functioning.

Going to be in this thread til the end. Thank you for letting it last this long.

I'm a point that I can take a break and refresh myself on the ins and outs of actually getting this in game. Still minor fixing, but I'm not adding too much more than what's there now. Obvious omissions yes, but that's about it. Bogey turned out better than I thought, but I still need to work with it.

Nothing is attached yet.want to make sure i get it right

Still more to be done. More things went better than expected so kept going until it wore off. I built this with superscript in mind, but I'd like to see what I can learn and script, if that's possible. I wished I started learning Blender first.

The interior is the LP version for being seen from outside. I have most of the actual console. I took liberty with the speedometer and hope it's no big deal. by the end I'm sure I'll add the right one but I'll have this on mine. Nowhere done just sparing you guys of the various phases it went through. The one up there in white was 50k polys, this is 5k so plenty more to be added.

Looks sharp

You know you get farther with sugar than vinegar.

Thanks!!!!

Still working.

More closer to the beginning than the end, but it's coming along.

Blog Entries

Good work with this one.
    Biggest Milw Foamer on the planet

I`d suggest applying modifiers to mesh before exporting to game from blender, otherwise - nice work you`ve got there

WOW!!!! Spectacular work on the route and the assets!! I wish I had your talent.

Keep it up!!!

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by IvanSokolov View Post
    I`d suggest applying modifiers to mesh before exporting to game from blender, otherwise - nice work you`ve got there
    Which do you suggest? Subsurface? I haven't used many modifiers (which may be what you're implying) until I get an understanding of them. I'll mirror something every so often but I usually use the menu mirror and flip rather than the mod. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've been doing this solo and have to trial and error alot. Killed some of my speed but I'm not racing. These will be right and release worthy. I'm currently redoing the body as my molding got rubbed off and I wasn't paying attn.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by rr325 View Post
    WOW!!!! Spectacular work on the route and the assets!! I wish I had your talent.

Keep it up!!!
    Thanks so much but in case the route you see is the one behind those 2, that's the TPR NEC. My route is indeed being worked on to, but I haven't reinstalled in TANE yet. I saw two versions of TANE in control panel and deleted one, which deleted TANE. My route is still in cdp form as I import thru TS12 and then onto TANE. I haven't figured out FBX fully yet.

i like to have an update, even if I'm just replying. I share my first look at things in the game as always. I'm trying to stay away from pictures of the same thing. I feel obligated though happily to show any progress for those who I haven't talked out of coming in here. My explanations aren't always accurate when referring to things, so I let the pictures talk.

I'm going to take my time and get familiar with scripting and other things than modelling for a bit. This isn't final, the body is just getting to where I can leave it for a bit. I saw a video on youtube with a scripted loco, nothing fancy, just lights and animations togglable. The pantograph is animated, but like the trolley, I haven't read on how to implement. Stuff like this.

I figured my lack of interest was due to me showing stations, which there are hundreds of. and I was just starting back out. They're due up soon with the experience I gain. Here is 15th street where it was left. I chose the renovated station since I don't know if it's real or not. I like how they look and I plan to model City Hall the same way in that same fashion.

Last edited by t8dagr8; January 10th, 2018 at 03:32 PM. Reason: covering everything without multiposting.

Hello again, started looking into scripting. It mostly told me there's probably a script already in the game that does what I could want it to. I also learned some more on the accepted techniques and I'm getting more in line. Anyways, learned there's a lot of variety in these cabins, so choosing somewhere along a basic cab structure. Thanks again for dealing with my nonsense, back into the lab I go.
    Last edited by t8dagr8; January 15th, 2018 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Not close enough to post a picture