Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

Still more to be done. More things went better than expected so kept going until it wore off. I built this with superscript in mind, but I'd like to see what I can learn and script, if that's possible. I wished I started learning Blender first.

The interior is the LP version for being seen from outside. I have most of the actual console. I took liberty with the speedometer and hope it's no big deal. by the end I'm sure I'll add the right one but I'll have this on mine. Nowhere done just sparing you guys of the various phases it went through. The one up there in white was 50k polys, this is 5k so plenty more to be added.

Thanks everyone!

I`d suggest applying modifiers to mesh before exporting to game from blender, otherwise - nice work you`ve got there :)

Which do you suggest? Subsurface? I haven't used many modifiers (which may be what you're implying) until I get an understanding of them. I'll mirror something every so often but I usually use the menu mirror and flip rather than the mod. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've been doing this solo and have to trial and error alot. Killed some of my speed but I'm not racing. These will be right and release worthy. I'm currently redoing the body as my molding got rubbed off and I wasn't paying attn.

Edit:
WOW!!!! Spectacular work on the route and the assets!! I wish I had your talent.

Keep it up!!!

Thanks so much but in case the route you see is the one behind those 2, that's the TPR NEC. My route is indeed being worked on to, but I haven't reinstalled in TANE yet. I saw two versions of TANE in control panel and deleted one, which deleted TANE. My route is still in cdp form as I import thru TS12 and then onto TANE. I haven't figured out FBX fully yet.

i like to have an update, even if I'm just replying. I share my first look at things in the game as always. I'm trying to stay away from pictures of the same thing. I feel obligated though happily to show any progress for those who I haven't talked out of coming in here. My explanations aren't always accurate when referring to things, so I let the pictures talk.

I'm going to take my time and get familiar with scripting and other things than modelling for a bit. This isn't final, the body is just getting to where I can leave it for a bit. I saw a video on youtube with a scripted loco, nothing fancy, just lights and animations togglable. The pantograph is animated, but like the trolley, I haven't read on how to implement. Stuff like this.

I figured my lack of interest was due to me showing stations, which there are hundreds of. and I was just starting back out. They're due up soon with the experience I gain. Here is 15th street where it was left. I chose the renovated station since I don't know if it's real or not. I like how they look and I plan to model City Hall the same way in that same fashion.

Last edited:
Hello again, started looking into scripting. It mostly told me there's probably a script already in the game that does what I could want it to. I also learned some more on the accepted techniques and I'm getting more in line. Anyways, learned there's a lot of variety in these cabins, so choosing somewhere along a basic cab structure. Thanks again for dealing with my nonsense, back into the lab I go.

Last edited:
Good morning. Researching what's expected took me to the ACMU interior. One look showed me how far I have to go. Next pictures after this post will be something in completion state, so will be a while. I'm still closer to getting comfortable with texturing than anything else. I have a cab layout in mind now. Before I build the console of the future, I'll build the console of the present lol. This part caught and kept my attention, so I wanted to see if I could get it working:

My research also showed me they don't lite up in those pretty signal colors. That made me sad. I'm not trying to overhaul, just trying to be more interactive to the game we're playing. Thank you all for your support. See you soon.

Great work !

But those pantographs are way too bulky, not looking prototypical (picking nits) :cool: I realize it is still a WIP

Last edited:
Thanks so much Cascade. Yeah, those pants are gargantuan, and please no worries about the nit picking. Next time I post everything will be in line. I post stuff here in hopes that someone sees and helps with a problem they see. I often laugh at what I miss when I see these pics.

While you've been working on the trolleys and the LOVELY regional rail stuff, I've been building the El. I started at 69th Street, (because I live in Delaware County) and went east. I'm currently at 40th St and I wanna the trolley tunnel first before going any further. I used Japanese cars since they looked closely like Almond Joys but maybe me and you can put our head together to make proper Almond Joys? I plan on releasing this route which will include the El, The 10 Trolley and the 34 Trolley with provisions to add on to it.
Video of progress: https://youtu.be/yoPs9MIkQW4

Wow Trizzy, that made my morning! Great work!

I was just thinking about skipping the MFL thinking no one would be interested. I actually started the M4, but it was so symetrical (sp)that it reminded of the Silverliner, so I switched to that. The Almond Joys traumatized me from riding them during summertime. So bad I started taking the trolleys lol. My trolley route is the first route I'm expanding on, but I plan to take the 11 near my hood in Darby while connecting the NECs.

HTP saved me a lot of work. :) Most of the work has been in moving beyond this table. Much more still to be done. I'm starting a new workflow with Substance Painter in mind so wanted to get this table out of blender. Thanks Dave Snow for the postimage reply. No ads or anything for me too without an account, and resizing. :)

Now to get this interior looking more than step one of how to create an interior lol!

Screenshot_36.jpg

Good morning. I'm posting to relieve my update urge, and to settle back down and take my time. I thank you guys as a whole for the helpful threads and information being more available now. Some days I don't work on this now and plow through various content creation threads while doing other things. I want to finish something, but I'm always learning something new so that's that.

Sharing my inexperience, I've stared at Zec's awesome models for years wondering why if he goes so far to color each part so well, why not just finish the texturing all the way? It's why despite being told I'm texturing too soon again and again, most of this thread existed. I'll release something someday when I'm sure I've followed all the procedures during the way, so when that is, only time knows.

Back