Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

United States of America, New Jersey, East Orange
    Blog Entries

Awesome Work! Your Silverliner 5 is really starting to take shape!! Question, are you backing up your models? It is kind of funny that models are always lost somehow.

Thanks Amtrak, it's nice to see you around. It's backed up on a CD, USB, and network drives.

Still working on it:

That is gorgeous. I look forward to your progress. I should finish up my own commuter car. I'm so lazy XD
    - Kenneth

ATLS signal dependencies: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzd21qi5d1...0deps.cdp?dl=0

United States of America, new york, fishkill

Cool work there. I have been watching the progress that you have been making with you Philadelphia route and Septa commuter car. Awesome job. I can't wait to see more progress screenshots. At some point, when I have the time, I should see about finishing up my Kawasaki M8.

Thank you both. It means alot to me.

@Malikrthr: In my dream of dreams I hope this thread someday gives the feeling to others that I get when I see an update in the NYC thread. Well done on so many levels, thank you.

I spent today assembling a real pantograph. I thought I would get to the A/C, but I'm tired. I'm guilty of wanting to build world route next gen, and to have the Silverliner do everything including transforming into Astrotrain . Realistically, the most I am sure of is, it'll have 2 liveries and unpaiinted. Livery 1 is the Septa logo. I've wanted Livery 2 since I first seen it, still a little left to do with it:

Edit: I'd like to send a huge thank you to RRSignal. Anything you see from here on out is a credit to your fantastic pictures man!
    Last edited by t8dagr8; October 23rd, 2014 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Looking fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by bentrain14 View Post
    Looking fancy.
    Thanks a lot Ben!

Thank you all for the patience with me to allow things to get this far. Future pictures should be more in line with the standard shown throughout the screenshot thread (yeah, I said it before). Those are the last pics up through today, and they're old. I have more confidence texturing without pure pictures. I also now understand modelling high poly to render to low poly (not shown yet). I just modelling this high poly because I was tired of modelling flat things. In the end, I'm just beginning again.

United States of America, New Jersey, East Orange
    Blog Entries

Amazing!!! I hope you finish it and not let it go to vaporware, as I will love to run it on my main.

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

Wow, it looks better every time I see it.
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

United States of America, PA, Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by tume View Post
    Hallo,

you have a nice project here building Philly.

There are also nice looking SEPTA rail cars. Just in case the streetcar system will be part of the project, I have some SEPTA stuff too :-)

It should be released quite soon – together with all the seasonal buildings and structures indicated at the screens as well.

Your’s TUME
    Thanks for update on the Philadelphia PCC, Tume. I look forward to release. I have photo example of every paint scheme they wore if you would like to see. I'm possibly thinking about making a Trainz version of Philadelphia's trolley & subway system including the suburban trolley lines. These might come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by t8dagr8 View Post
    Thanks a lot Ben!

Thank you all for the patience with me to allow things to get this far. Future pictures should be more in line with the standard shown throughout the screenshot thread (yeah, I said it before). Those are the last pics up through today, and they're old. I have more confidence texturing without pure pictures. I also now understand modelling high poly to render to low poly (not shown yet). I just modelling this high poly because I was tired of modelling flat things. In the end, I'm just beginning again.

Loving it so far Only one critique, you need to curve the bottom of the front windows. I love the work you've done to the roof hump and the pantograph

Quote Originally Posted by Trizzy2609 View Post
    Loving it so far Only one critique, you need to curve the bottom of the front windows. I love the work you've done to the roof hump and the pantograph
    Thanks Trizzy, that's exactly what I want. I didn't get as much done by yesterday as I wanted. I started these though:

You know that blinded feeling you get when you stare at lit reflections too long, I already have it

Blog Entries

Lovely, are these trains going out to the public?

Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbe8 View Post
    Wow, it looks better every time I see it.
    Thanks Scott! As much as I show things, it's the one rule I try to keep to.

Here are a couple renders for all I've been doing. I can't go from zero to SL-V correct? Until I get a building or something smaller released, the train is just a wish. I only hope this proves how much all of your patience has meant to me. I'll start with what I feel proves how patient you guys are:

I've blasted myself for thinking I've done something the previous times I've shown this, as I do today lol.

Like, the first time I thought I did something showing I did more than mirror the other side:

I haven't learning a thing about weathering. It's on the to-do list. Reminds me more of that loco model someone painted to weather. I did no better simulating oil spots lol:

The rest:

I'm finally reworking the light board and the "green" roof. I can do better windows, but that's what I started with. The animation is the same type that would be in the SL-V interior information sign, which is why this exists in the first place.

And finally, the bane of my stainless steel existence, Market East (now Jefferson Station, or is it Jeff East?) I can make diagonal brick now woohoo!

Feeding my update hunger, and to help me relax . More in line with being a real model now. Things are going very well, I brought them together to see how it looked:

I'm happy this finally came out right, my first high poly turned into low poly:

I'm currently bouncing between here (I missed on the door release, have no idea what I was looking at).

and doing the bogey

It could use a weld or two . I haven't liked how any I've done so far have turned out. It has a couple of bolts now on the window ends, but I missed them in the pics. Always next time!