Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

It looks great, a big improvement from the first version

United States of America, PA, Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by t8dagr8 View Post
    Hello again. If my pictures would make you think otherwise, I still only plan to release things that are 100% my own (or freeware with a clear license to do so). Before I showed the last pictures of my work, I did credit how much I've learned from the Bombardier source file. Not for reskinning purposes, but for the purpose it claims to be for. To learn how to implement features, textures, etc. for your own meshes into the game. I read the license. I understand my pictures tend to jump around. It's how I learn. I enjoy it all. Not trying to start a bit of anything. My own eye would raise questions. No one has said anything to me. I could mention I remember Kieran's archived post about someone showing source code for the Bombardier four years ago ( I really am doing as much homework as possible). All I was showing was my learning that I could implement the features I wanted. The goal still is the SL-V, not Bombardier V . In keeping with the livery choices, the base choice usually is unpainted right? That's still as far as I am.

I love how well it looks. Unpainted is nice lol If you need help with texturing it, let me know, maybe I could help.

Thanks Tigertrain and Trizzy . Yes, I would love any help I can get. Let me know what I need to do to make it easier for your help Trizzy. Here's an "I'm still working at it" picture:

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

It should be noted that the Silverliner V bogeys do not have third rail shoes, so perhaps the default M7 bogey is not the best choice here.
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

Hallo,

you have a nice project here building Philly.

There are also nice looking SEPTA rail cars. Just in case the streetcar system will be part of the project, I have some SEPTA stuff too :-)

It should be released quite soon – together with all the seasonal buildings and structures indicated at the screens as well.

Your’s TUME

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbe8 View Post
    It should be noted that the Silverliner V bogeys do not have third rail shoes, so perhaps the default M7 bogey is not the best choice here.
    Thanks Scott. I'm still working on the body. I have not moved inside, or to the trucks yet. I'm still trying to create the ends.

@Tume I'm already loving your work!

On the way to updating each time, I relive past updates. What an adventure lol. I've moved over to TS12, now that I can see the day of a new computer . I'm still working on learning proper texturing. Pics to show it's error free in 12, but I'm still only outside. Bogeys and pantographs are placeholding. I would like to try my own and add a few sparks. There's also a visible fan for the A/C which is why it's that way for now. I also haven't redone the doors until I'm happy with what I see.

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

I don't like those script stop-bug icons in the corner. Are they from the Silverliners?
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbe8 View Post
    I don't like those script stop-bug icons in the corner. Are they from the Silverliners?
    The bug is from trackview not being removed yet.

Last edited by t8dagr8; September 16th, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...05#post1239005
    this may help to get the logo more moved up

Thanks a lot Subway, I do wish one was already available. The most time consuming part for me now is learning all of the information about the correct process with this all. The more I learn, the more I want to get it all right.

I'm still working on it:

Blog Entries

This is cool mate, good to see you're sticking with it

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    This is cool mate, good to see you're sticking with it
    I really appreciate it Scratchy!

Until I could prove I understand texturing, among things, I knew it would be hard giving something to look forward to. I've been trying to create stainless steel since I've started trying to create things. I'm putting work into the mapping and now, along with 30th street, I am learning how to texture better different materials. I've also wanted to restate how helpful Mick's Render to Texture tutorial helped me. Last time my pictures didn't quite back that up. That was all on me. Anyways, Tbumpenv'd :

Now to the next obstacle. I'm working on the bogey and have questions.

A billion pictures on http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/loc...d=SPAX&mid=115 (It sure would be nice If I could get a complete side shot of the bogey) What I know about the bogey is, it's a GSI model. Even after trying to find more about it, that's pretty much all I know. I know it's on an Acela. I just happened upon the drawing. I'm having a hard time finding measurements (any of them). Can anyone help me? Would all I need to create for this consist of just the wheels and the axle? I want more than basic, but I also don't want to create things that would never be seen. I have tried the Wiki ( http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...elling:_Bogeys ). Does anyone have additional sources of information they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks in advance!