Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

LyOBBKx.jpg

NrMTprD.jpg

wBgzlCz.jpg

3BY0BXF.jpg

n99dSPe.jpg

fxQDSrn.jpg

This is all really great! I'm not so familiar with Philly, as my bread & butter are BART (hometown system), and the NYC Subway System; your work helps inspire me in moments of funk, as I am working on several large metropolitan/urban routes myself. Keep up the excellent work! I'm definitely "pinning" this thread so I can keep up with the progress. Maybe some friendly competition? :p

-A :wave:

Thank you so very much Acelejalde! It's routes like your BART and the ECML that I wish the NEC could be.

I'm going to get to talking, so if it's pics u want, they're here too. Truth is, the last fun thought I had route making was, "lets start working on New Jersey". I compounded the task by adding ALL of New Jersey. That section of 30th street thru the interlocking is only 6 boards. That's going well, it's realistic to look forward to, and not that daunting and enjoyable because it's actually an area I can do from memory as I grew up here. New Jersey just isn't. I've relaxed enough to just need to re-export in smaller chunks. In the meantime came the previous posts. With little to work with, I decided to try the BBL. I have no relation other than how much sense it would've made 30 years ago. More practice for what I've done horribly in the past.

2y6lerf.jpg

That tickles me because it's a low poly beast. Once I sit down and understand LOD, it removes the last obstacle to these being real. The last fun thought I had building this was, "wow I can actually swap easily". Practice seen in use with these but only intended for the SL4 (like what I understand Conny's had). I wanted to see how hiding in game assets like headlights would go. I need to hide doors on the SL4 for the Patco/NJT I think. I think I'll keep the window option however. I stunk up the Blinds for "unpainted". That was something to hold for the windows.

iQ3eCgf.jpg

dqyzDyY.jpg

Tint's too dark and not window looking.

So yeah, this and the Coach were the ones I wanted to do. I got to the question of where is the pantograph? Wealth of knowledge doesn't exist here lol. I really didn't and still don't want to do an ACS. There are a bajillion in the game already, and even in Septa versions. Then I saw an interior. Not something I've done well.

bjyKhYi.jpg

6ZjssDb.jpg

rXzuYpT.jpg

Recently been pulling my hair out understanding running numbers. Task accomplished but not fully installed on all yet.

5iWLQF0.jpg

That's where those parts stand right now. moved to the back burner to rebuild the things I want. Currently on the SL4 adding the full interior.

Thank you everyone as always.

The interior shots out of the engine were so cool. The second one had row houses in it. Lots of memories coming with all those pics. Thanks for sharing.

Heinrich505

Hi Guys. It's becoming a debate within myself to continue posting (only). I visit everyday and the quality on these forums are well defined. When I first started posting seriously, I wanted to show the inexperience, but thought it would not take this long to produce results and hopefully inspire someone who also thinks, "omg how do they do this" that they can learn too. I can hope right? Anyways update:

AMx8PVJ.jpg

Haha six baseboards, I can't count.

I'm working from Bridesburg westward

XrV1Lve.jpg

hOWAy8M.jpg

YbkRemB.jpg

Edit: Adding interior

G1Fjebk.jpg

Last edited:
I always look forward to your updates. It is a lot of work, so I hope you are remembering to have some fun with your route too.
Nice job on the interior, by the way.

Heinrich505

Hello again, I'm not going to take much of your time. I lost the habit of riding other routes. It lets me see how you guys do what you do as well as being a relaxing experience. My favorite place outside of Philly is already in the game, Aberdeen MD.

YSE03u0.jpg

That's exactly it. Wayy more than spot on for me. Spent 8 years back n forth from this place n Philly. Adds perspective on things I spend too much time trying to recreate.

I couldn't lay anything right without those osm tiles, I just didn't think it was possible to use more than one service in Transdem.

a2dj2hV.jpg

KAyezkA.jpg

I know it is now, so even less for me to butcher :). I am going to work on this in Big Daddy Gatekeeper T:ANE now. Most of you have it and have few problems that I see.

I'm always willing to send any part of anything helpful to anyone, not as only an add to your collection, but in hopes that you , person who can do this way better and faster than I can, actually do it because with just a little bit more, we can go from Philly to DC (though shown "proposed" to Baltimore). Only part that isn't on the DLS is the short stretch from Wilmington South.

blqXXfy.jpg

That was the last of OSM you'll see is all I'm saying. Less time spent on stuff I wouldn't care about as a fan than I do trying to make things.

Hello again, I still have much love that you give me time to see my own errors. Thanks for the encouraging words. I always want to be the hardest critic, as you guys are with your fantastic work I use.

Starting with the barren area I'm heading toward:

YsMx2Cy.jpg

My Plan is to use portals on the three edge platforms, with a player train on the inner platform, instead of trying to figure Septa out. Inner platform flow can remain untouched this way. Progress currently:

WfpFe8C.jpg

FWyAQRK.jpg

aJ2HeB1.jpg

Light signalling for flow. one on each end of each platform, one on each side of train in tunnel, and one on entry/exit in tunnel.

T7SsvS8.jpg

nt18QWN.jpg

WfpFe8C.jpg

8AsAfbr.jpg

Hello again. Thanks so much Heinrich for your kind words. Progress continues. Mostly bare exiting the tunnel still. I would like to give a decent try to making the neighborhood, so I'm waiting on a day that I have complete focus.

VXkH5bt.jpg

u7Ztgfk.jpg

I have started working on the other side of North Philly though.

1MGKpmR.jpg

2iy5Ilc.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks again for your time.

That area I can lay South Phila-Greenwich yard track from the 1900's onward, including Penrose yard, and give you my work to review ... Grays Ferry-Eastside yard is just about running off the top of that image, and Arsenal Tower is slightly more north a mile towards 30th st station

If the (gray baseboard) map details showed around center city and Reading terminal northward, the old Reading and PRR station trackage could be laid northward and eastward

Last edited:
If the (gray baseboard) map details showed around center city and Reading terminal northward, the old Reading and PRR station trackage could be laid northward and eastward

I understand now. I'll do a DEM the way you prefer, but it will have to wait until I go back into TransDem. I'm envious you can lay track on grey baseboards.

I'm trying to keep projects within smaller bounds. I have a ton of things to do outside of that. I'm posting due to happiness that I escaped Blender with only a one day sentence. It becomes a black hole fast and tends to take over my focus (and this thread). Route building is fun to me, content creation is a job lol. I am finally motivated to redo my vehicles and buildings, just not quite yet. Here is my current northern boundary, working back towards N Philly and then heading back via the NEC to the dreaded 30th street:

uiP28fz.jpg

ciNBmLC.jpg

I love the washing station. I didn't realize what is was called but happy I do now. Credit to the creator. Apologies for not knowing who already.
nN2q9Yg.jpg

Yes, it takes me a day to make this in Blender and even this has much more to be done. :eek:
OkV5yuk.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Glad to see this is still being done in TS12, since I still haven't switched over to T:ANE fully yet and still mainly use TS12 because I have so much content installed...

t8dagr8,
This all looks very promising. Those station platforms are really nice.

Always nice to see Philly getting some attention, even if the Flyers are poised to break my heart, yet again. :(

It's always fun to follow your work on this route. Just remember to keep having fun with it. It shouldn't be work.

Heinrich505

Back