Philadelphia (Work In Progresss) (Large pics)

Question where did you get that airport model from? I am dying for one of those lolz.
I'm not exactly sure which item you mean Trish. The airport is a kitbash of Ian's assets (http://ianztrainz.com/aircraft-standards/ ) The planes are on the DLS.

I was planning on posting today anyway. The Bombadier M7 is a great asset to learn about what it takes to create locos. I'm still learning. Ignore the doors please, this is just what I'm practicing with. I'll do my own full mesh once I have all the procedures down.

There hasn't been much I've shown, that I feel anyone would want, as I know the standards expected from what I see already. I am working on making things more to the acceptable standards and hope to add something desired. This is what I personally want the most. I wouldn't show any of it flaws and all, if I wasn't trying to get something of quality to be released. I'm the first to say you guys do this all better than I do, but it's not stopping me from trying. I wish the more experienced creators would just get along, so maybe one of you can release some Philly content. I have LRV pictures as well Trizzy (I assume you're not referring to me, but Philadelphia was mentioned), but that's another project down the line. Gauge things by how this is all going lol.

Hey sorry I should have been more clear. If you look at the fourth picture down from the 1st picture..I was talking about the airport spline, the walk way, etc

Sorry for nitpicking, but stratus, with regards to your last post on the previous page (#140), please don't quote an entire post of pictures just to ask a question about one of them. Instead, when you quote the post, remove any [ img ] tags pointing to images you don't want to highlight, and keep the one(s) you do. Keep in mind that there are users out there with limited bandwidth or who have to pay for each download, and quoting images means an extra load on the network.

Trish, you could always resume work on the Trenton line. I've done no other work on that end other than trackwork and signals.

Hello again. Current work, hopefully to offer to the other Septa route creators. Thanks again for the encouragement the last time I thought I did this:

I'd like to animate the escalator, but it's one of the things I may shave off due to wanting more to work here. The signs are set up for texture replacement, but I'm still unsure of the best way I can pull it off. This will be passenger enabled, I just need to study more. I'm cutting polys where I can, but I still want some detail as well. I do have it in the game, but really for testing purposes. Renders are best for now. The wall isn't a tiled wall, it's really a diagonal brick pattern applied to a picture of Fairmount Park overlooking the Schuykill I can't find. I also didn't like any of the diagonal brick textures I came up with.

Hello again. Pictures from what I've been learning since last time:

My doors now:

Lights working as I want:

Finally have a texture group working:

Spent most of time learning Andi's Superscript. Been through 32 pages of FAQ's here as well as the manual. What a fantastic asset, thanks Andi. What I've shown is as far as I've really understood so far. I still can't get my signs to work yet on the SL-V yet. Haven't tried it on anything else.

I love the Silverliner V so far and great destination table! Don't forget the Cynwyd Line ;) That's my favorite, with the little one car train. I'm working on M4s (reskined from Redbirds) and "AM Generals" (reskined from Flyer E700s) for my next two projects.

Thank you all for your compliments. As soon as I looked at my own picture (it's how I take an objective look at my work), I had to change things. I did like the end I've shown because, well, there's no doubt it's the right one. Problem is, it's "too" prebuilt. I would've shown it the next day, but I started pulling my hair out trying to get the destination signs working. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED TODAY! I'm in love with how it looks now (any anticipation yet?) I'm going to spend from now through the end of the week working on a nice pretty version to show. I believe I can now!! Stay tuned...

The heck are those big things jutting up into the sky in some of your pics a pages back??:confused:

Nice work, nonetheless.

From memory, I believe you see my stubborness. When I worked on the Airport, I was still using "undo". NO NO NO! In addition to the protrusions, my planes fall out of the sky now lol. I'll get back there eventually. BTW, that was the last time I "undid" anything. Thanks again guys, your encouragement keeps me going.

Whaaaat the hell.:eek::eek:

Is this in 2010 or 12?

It's for TS10. Is that WTH good? or not?

Anyways, hello agaiin. I'm posting these today to remove my self imposed deadline. I do best when I don't put times on things. I've still only scratched the surface. I haven't done anything interior yet. Thanks again Andi for this incredible script. Thanks to everyone else in the support thread for your problems. I think I've experienced every one :)

I don't know if you notice, but Running numbers!! Not exactly specific as I haven't researched Septa's yet. I've seen enough of "701" to start there. I'd like these to based on it's real schedule (yup, more work).

Couplers! Dunno what belongs, but sure it's one of the ones available:

Back