My confusing about Midwest Grain - was it payware first or not?

Hello,
I'm still confused about Midwest Grain (MG). I made "pre-order" (#100001085) on December 25 (version 1.0) with "lower price" 19 USD. I knew download will be available since December 31. I downloaded MG on January 2 and installed it to TS2010. I was surprised by many unknown missing kuids in CMP and missing kuids available from DLS - is it possible on payware route? I downloaded all DLS dependencis, but in TS2010 I couldn't choice this map from list, because a message like "you haven't selected any map" appeared. I also noticed pre-order of Midwest Grain Extension Pack (29 UDS) appeared on JR site.

I contacted JR support and got an answer from Mike Cyr that route would work in TS2010, but this is a freeware route! Mike promised he will refund my money and asked me for some informations - what version I'm using, if I have all dependencies or libraries from JR etc. I answered all questions (January 6) but I haven't got any response yet.

Later I tried to install MG on TS12. I still saw some unknown missing kuids on CMP but there it works. I wrote it to Mike (January 9, without any response again) and later I noticed "ROUTE IS FOR TS12 ONLY" message below MG download link :).

So, if "Midwest Grain V1.0" was freeware, I want my money back. I would like to use them for MG Extensions pack or Mojave Content Expansion, but I'm not sure when I see this... It's not first time when I have to claim something with JR, but all problems was always resulted and I hope this time it will be the same.

The route is freeware has been literally since announced if im not mistaken. The Midwest Expansion pack which includes locos and some stock is payware always has been. You probably got the route included with your purchase though for less of a hassle I imagine. Kevin or Mike can straighten this out im sure.

Last edited:
The route Midwest Grain is indeed freeware, what you got is the content that goes along with it and will soon have additional sessions for MWG for the content in that pack.

OK, I'm stupid, I know. But - I got this report:

Your Order #100001085 (placed on December 25, 2012 5:21:33 AM EST)

Midwest Grain Content Pack - PRE ORDER Download Links: Pre-Orders Delivery Info (download) mwgpo1 $19.99
Subtotal $19.99
Grand Total $19.99

Download link was active since December 31 and is not working now.

I have only two files (except pofig trees and dependencies):

midwest_grain_v1.0_1.cdp (7 183 190 b) - this is the file I can dowload via Midwest Grain V1.0 link
mwg_route_v1.1.cdp (60 821 664 b) - update I downloded today

So what I paid for? I'm sure I downloaded first file by clicking on (download). I haven't any sessions or rolling stock, so I still think I paid for route which was freeware later.

The route as has been told was Freeware and always has been noted as such. If you read the description on the website is specifies exactly what you receive and has said this since day one when it was put up for pre-order. The sessions currently are about to be sent out to those that ordered it from both a pre-order standpoint and after the content packs were released. You received the route in that "pre-order" since it was essentially released to those that pre-ordered before the rest of the general public. That was a "perk" to pre-ordering at that time, nothing else.

Essentially what you were paying for ( and still getting a great deal for) was the content pack which included the engines and rolling stock AND the eventual sessions we will be sending out here soon.

The file you get from the websites route section for the ROUTE Midwest Grain is NOT the same one you receive when you pre-ordered and we subsequently sent out. If you havent gotten the Midwest Grain content pack email from us let us know ( but i think you have). One easy way to check is to see if you have content starting with PVRX installed. Those are the items that were in the content pack and would mean you received and installed what you were supposed to receive ( minus the sessions i stated above)

The links on the site from your email noted above were never to include the actual content, as that was sent out on the 31st of December. Hopefully this makes some sense.

Also the Mojave expansion pack is merely more content ( locos, rolling stock and sessions) as I think you have that confused as well with being a route extension. We also received your email this morning and were going to reply to it here during normal hours.

I replied yesterday - I haven't no PVRX content, checked it via Content Manager. Also I didn't see any sessions for MG (of course I hadn't checked favorite items only), the same as SW1500 or RS3, etc. It seems I have only basic and upgrade cdp and I'll be glad if you can send a new content cdp to me. I can send you a copy of my order, of course.

Maybe we could move this deal to e-mails only and delete those thread.

I replied yesterday - I haven't no PVRX content, checked it via Content Manager. Also I didn't see any sessions for MG (of course I hadn't checked favorite items only), the same as SW1500 or RS3, etc. It seems I have only basic and upgrade cdp and I'll be glad if you can send a new content cdp to me. I can send you a copy of my order, of course.

Maybe we could move this deal to e-mails only and delete those thread.

Thats fine, shoot me an email to support when you get a chance today and I'll send you the content pack. That seems like the problem here, that you may have never received the email with that even though your email we have on file is on the list. It happens hate to say it, email doesnt seem to be perfect.

Back