TOPSIG Round Robin Sessions!

All these ideas piled together are really great. This, if its possible, will honestly be king of all other multiplayer sessions in the idea of true, as close to the real thing as you can get, simulation of railroads and the idea of TOPSIG. This is truely paving the way for future multiplayer expirences for everyone.

PS. I'm looking for someone who is a great reskinner to recreate an idea I have for a Great Northern engine and maybe a few more. If anyone is or knows anyone who is good, please PM me for more info.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to this greatly. I have been looking for something like this for a while. I love to work industry and switch yard operations.

Huge update and news coming tonight! And Im really excited.

But for now, I have to go to work. Which is a good thing cause it will give me time to think on this more.

Ok, few things. First off, got fired today. But its all good, I was quitting any ways. (They fired me cause I was quitting.)

Second, that idea I was talking about. MRL has lots of points where iPortals could be added. And according to Danny, iPortals do work in MP sessions. The only thing I cant 100% say that dose work is sending a train to some one who is off line. But here's my work around to that. I have a second computer that I can use to host MP sessions on. What Ill do is add iPortals to MRL at most points where the track would go off route. These portals will be preset to other routes. These other routes will be single player routes. Routes that YOU guys get to use. This will simulate MRL's connections to the out side world.

This will give us more options on where to send things from MRL, as well as more places for thing to come from. Example, coal on MRL only comes from Logan Mine. But now coal can come from another route as well, increasing the amount of coal on MRL.

Now to go a little further with this, each of the 8 iPortals on MRL will be set to a specific route, but none will be MP routs. The idea is that MRL will be the hub that links many single player routes to each other. Then some of these SP routes will be linked to other MP routes. So Auto racks might go to one portal on MRL to my Saginaw sub. But then be sent to T&W's MP session via a different portal on my Saginaw sub. OR, a Grain train from T&W's MP session will pass though my Saginaw Sub to get to MRL. Eventually, if we get more people and routes into it, we could have a huge rail network simulated.

To ensure that we all have the same rolling stock and locomotives, MRL will have premade consists in the yards. Just use the consists get tool to save them and place them on your own route. As which portals will be assigned to who. There a 8 iPortals on MRL, 8 going in. One is all ready assigned to me at Livingston. The other 7 are in: Laural, Huntley, East End, West End, Logan, Great Falls and Bedford.

The next part of this plan is to have each of us represent a different railroad. So the MRL session will have mostly MRL locomotives on it. This means that you guys, participating, should have a route and locomotives to represent a railroad in mind. I will include 4 locomotives of your choosing on MRL to insure that we all have them downloaded. This way you can send your locomotives to the MRL session with a train. Note though, you might get them back for quite a while as they might get moved about and added to MRL's pool of power. Once a road has been claimed by some one else, it cant be claimed by any one else. If you want to claim a portal and a railroad, please send me a private message. DO NOT POST HERE SAYING YOU WANT A IPORTAL OR TO CLAIM A RAILROAD! I will ignore those.

Now once a iPortal on MRL is assigned to some one, it will stay that way. And I would hope that you guys would have a dedicated iPortal on your route for MRL, but that is up to you.

Now in the event that a user drops out of this new system, then their iPortal will be opened back up, and their railroad made available again. If we dont hear from a user for over a month, they will be considered out of the system.

Now Im posting this here, but I will be making a 100% new topic covering this. All questions, comments, or any thing else must be directed there.

Woo! Sounds great!

Sorry to hear that you got fired before you could quit. At least you could get away from there. Hopefully you can find a replacement job easily.

Back