London Underground Content?

c38nsw

Hello fellow Trainzers,

I was wondering where I could find high-quality London Underground content, such as Tube cars/sets, stations, tunnels, signals etc.

Cameron.

There are a few track items on the DLS, search for "tube" "LUL" and "LT", there is also some fourth rail electrified track which was built in from TS2006 - TS2010 but it is a bit flat compared to more recent track types. There's also at least one underground station (straight platform) lurking I believe.

While I'm not saying it can't be done, building any type of sub-surface route in Trainz (or any of the other sims for that matter) poses unique and challenging problems for route creators not least working under the terrain and ensuring your network is "light tight". If you are contemplating doing a LUL route, might be better to start with an overground section - perhaps White City to West Ruislip or the Hainault Loop as a trial project.

There's quite a few LUL content on TPR http://trainzproroutes.org/tprdownloads/index.php?act=search&process (search "London Underground" & you should see a few LUL content)

Also, if you want to learn a few things before making your own, download my Tricell Line (on DLS) it's a fictional LUL route. Has a depot, few stations and a mainline line. Feel free to add to it or do whatever.

There's andi06's D Stock on DLS also as of yet the only best looking LUL stock. But I have seen the A Stock and S Stock in progress, I've heard about the 2009 Stock being created but I haven't seen any pictures.

I'm working on a Sub-Surface route right now which is coming together pretty well (I have put up pictures on British Trainz Forums) As of yet it has 4 stations and a depot, I'm going to make this with a London Overground style line (The whole route is fictional but uses real-life station names that you'll find on the Tube map)

Any other question?

Cheers,
Reece

Back