Nightime locomotive lights...

Gabe170

I wish I could post a pic but I can't, so I'll explain it as best as I can. When running at night some of the locomotives I use (new JR Dash 9, other Mojave-based diesel-electrics) have absolutely horrific night lighting effects. When switched on highest setting the light illuminates everything in front of it. Some of the locomotives don't display this behavior? Also, in most cases if I manually turn the setting to low the problem isn't as noticeable, and doesn't illuminate everything in front of it. But once I kick it into AI the setting is bumped back up and it looks horrible.

Is there anything I can do about this? It's especially bad on the new Dash 9 locomotive I purchased from JR. It would be nice to have a fairly concentrated beam on all my locomotive types at night...heck I'd take anything that is even a slight improvement over this blinding (literally) brightness that covers every tile in front of the locomotive's path.

thanks!

I wish I could post a pic but I can't, so I'll explain it as best as I can. When running at night some of the locomotives I use (new JR Dash 9, other Mojave-based diesel-electrics) have absolutely horrific night lighting effects. When switched on highest setting the light illuminates everything in front of it. Some of the locomotives don't display this behavior? Also, in most cases if I manually turn the setting to low the problem isn't as noticeable, and doesn't illuminate everything in front of it. But once I kick it into AI the setting is bumped back up and it looks horrible.

Is there anything I can do about this? It's especially bad on the new Dash 9 locomotive I purchased from JR. It would be nice to have a fairly concentrated beam on all my locomotive types at night...heck I'd take anything that is even a slight improvement over this blinding (literally) brightness that covers every tile in front of the locomotive's path.

thanks!

I wish I had the problem. On many of my locos, the headlight looks like someone is holding a candle in front of the engine.

since there is no special setting on the JR locomotives, i would venture to guess that all of the locomotives you have display this behavior.

This is a weak thing for Trainz, at least for later versions. Some locos illuminate well. Others poorly, others illuminate the scenery but not the track, and during day time, if you go into a tunnel, it does'nt illuminate anything. I think the scenery and or the track have something to do with the erratic behavior. At any rate, if there is ever another patch or SP, it should be corrected, at least to what was in 04.

Ahhh, thanks for the info. Yes, you are right NS37, I didn't realize the other pay of locos I running nearby at the time (that didn't have issues) were not JR content. That being the case is there anything I can edit that might mitigate this issue, since some are affected by it and others appear not to be?

Ok thanks NS37. I sure wish they would take a look at this issue and perhaps create a patch (if possible) for it...

I think I have the same problem. On some locs the headlights illuminates everything in front of it. Like a big triangle of licht.

Back