Mojave Sub - Mojave to Bakersfield Session

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I need a little help with the Mojave to Bakersfield sesson, specifically the climb from Mojave to Summit. The speed limit thru Mojave is 20MPH, but I always start slowing down after passing thru Mojave, near one of the railroad crossings. When the speed limit goes from 20 to 40, I cannot get the train to get from 20 to 40MPH, still slugging my way to the summit at 20MPH. Even then, after a while I start slowing down, so then I have to notch up to where the needle is 'in the red' on the dial in cab mode. Only then will I finally start gathering speed. Can someone provide me some advice to prevent the train from losing speed and instead gain speed?

In some cases the train will not be able to accelerate under a heavy load on a grade and will have to make the trek at a slower speed. Some things to possibly is sand if you do not already have it on if you are slipping.

It sounds like you are not taking into account the increase in the track gradient coming out of Mojave till the summit. As a result you will lose speed if you remain in the same throttle point. Normal railroad procedures say you can go into the red but there is time limits all variant according to speed and throttle point you are in, other wise you will melt the traction motors out from under you if you exceed the time frame without cool down perieds out side the red zone. With the modern computer traction control systems in the newer locomotives or some of the rebuilds you do not need to worry about this occurring. You also do not need to worry about the tractuin motors in trainz being there is currently nothing that I know of to cause the game to end because of over heated traction motors.

Hope this helps.

it is normal on those gradients with that load. The worst that can happen in trainz is stalling, in real life the traction motors can get cooked if the loadmeter is not adhered to and the recommended time in the different zones is not adhered to and constantly disregarded.
We tend to want to use notch 8 but if you watch the A1 drivers they seem to use notch 5 constantly (diesels) on gradients with heavy loads and on the steam locos the regulator is never in the full open position when the A1 drivers are driving no matter how hard the locos are working, rather like 3/4 to 7/8 open I would say.

it is normal on those gradients with that load. The worst that can happen in trainz is stalling, in real life the traction motors can get cooked if the loadmeter is not adhered to and the recommended time in the different zones is not adhered to and constantly disregarded.
We tend to want to use notch 8 but if you watch the A1 drivers they seem to use notch 5 constantly (diesels) on gradients with heavy loads and on the steam locos the regulator is never in the full open position when the A1 drivers are driving no matter how hard the locos are working, rather like 3/4 to 7/8 open I would say.
-Don't forget to, the AI uses DCC iirc. I personally only use cab mode.

-Joe

Sorry to bump this thread, but, once again, I've got problems with the Mojave to Bakersfield session, this time it's my least favorite problem: Script errors. Here's a list of the problems: SlaveTF: ThreadException: ER_NullReference, line 54, file Slavetf.gs (2) Balance: ThreadException ER_NullReference, line 182, file balance.gs (1) FCA52 Gondola: ThreadException ER_NullReference, line 287, file fca52gondola . . . (Too big to fit into html page) Hopper: ThreadException ER_NullReference, line361, file hopper.gs (59), Train: ThreadException ER_NullReference, line 1464, file train.gs (12). Then I click on the 'Next' button at the bottom of the html page: ThreadException: ER_NullReference, Line 54, file slavetf.gs, Stack Dump: <kuid2:76656:500012:5"ATLS Slave(TF)" function $Vehicle@SlaveTF::Return Controller(), line -1, function$void@SlaveTF:Live Handler (int), line 77. I must note that I update the scripts used on the Mojave Sub, and that I also had a similar problem when I last updated the JR scripts also. I think I was told to revert to the 'pre-updated' script KUID. Is that the problem? Or is it something else?

Sorry to be a little demanding, but probably another reason why this problem has happened is because the computer I had Trainz installed on had its screen break and couldn't be repaired. Therefore, I had to buy a new computer and re-install Trainz onto my new computer, which has Windows 8 on it. I've installed computer games that needed Windows XP as the Operating System, and they perform just fine. It is only Trainz 12 that I'm having problems.

Sorry to be a little demanding, but probably another reason why this problem has happened is because the computer I had Trainz installed on had its screen break and couldn't be repaired. Therefore, I had to buy a new computer and re-install Trainz onto my new computer, which has Windows 8 on it. I've installed computer games that needed Windows XP as the Operating System, and they perform just fine. It is only Trainz 12 that I'm having problems.
Trainz 12 runs fine on 8, and 7...

This script error matters because whenever I start the session, it will show that the train that I'm supposed to drive is just a consist, has no driver, and instead of taking me straight to the train I supposed to drive, it'll take me to an AI controlled train.

Well, add the quickdrive rule to the session, and then when you start the session just assign your train a driver.

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I think I found how the script is affecting the route: it has to do with the ARN, which assigns road numbers to the locomotives and cars in the consist. If equipped with ARN, the road numbers will not appear. However, this script error effects the Norfolk Southern Heritage units and the Baldwin S12 switcher. There's a wrinkle to this problem: it does not effect ALL objects equipped with ARN. How do I solve it?

As for the errors? I had to reinstall the first couple of times but try.

Start > Content Manger > File > Extended data base repair...... It will take a few hours depending on how many assets are installed! As far as speed on the grade, I add an engine at the back in edit

session mode to keep the speed up.

Laton, CA to Hanford, CA 90% Hanford to Corcoran 75%. Endless session.....Priceless!

After some searching the Content Manager, I found that the problem actually comes from 'Multi-number library for rolling stock, v2.02', <kuid2:104722:2501038:4> made by wulf_9. However, I think that I can backdate to three versions of 'Multi-number library for rolling stock, v2.01' made by wulf_9, <kuid2:104722:2501038:3>, <kuid2:104722:2501038:2>, and <kuid2:104722:2501038:1>. Would backdating to the previous versions of this asset solve the problem?

Back