Paying with Gift Card

jmano33

Rail Photographer
Good day,

I received an American Express Gift Card for Christmas and went online to buy engines from Jointed rail. But when I go to checkout as a guest and put payment in it wont recognize the card.

Any ideas?

Josh

Spend it somewhere else? Pre paid credit cards or gift cards are not always accepted over the web.

Cheerio John

I just used a AMX giftcard to pay JR this xmas. I had to add it as a card on paypal then it worked like a charm!! Hope that helps. BUT, when you add the giftcard paypal puts a $1.00 hold on it for about a week. FYI!!

I know this is an old topic but I have a question, do you guys still accept these type of gift cards still? I so want to purchase some stuff on your website and this is the only easy way to do it for me (since I have no credit card)?

I know this is an old topic but I have a question, do you guys still accept these type of gift cards still? I so want to purchase some stuff on your website and this is the only easy way to do it for me (since I have no credit card)?

I replied to your email as well.

If Paypal accepts it and lets you pay with it, we will accept it. Otherwise unfortunately it cannot be used. This is how it is and there are no plans to change this in the future unfortunately. Sorry!

Then why did it work for CJSIStrickland then?

Plus I got the email after I made that post but I read it but still how did it work for the guy I just told?

There are two different ways to use PayPal.

One is when you DO NOT have an account with them - in this case you enter your Credit Card info to make a payment.

Two is when you DO have an account with them - in this case you pay using your PayPal account, which is linked to a bank account and/or credit cards.

CJSIStrickland *seems* to indicate he has a paypal account, and added his amex gift card to his paypal account. I checked and American Express is one of the options when you want to add a credit card to your paypal account, but I don't know if it's possible to use an American Express card when you DON'T have a paypal account.

Back