Moving Trainz content

26delta

I have multiple Trainz installations on a hard drive that is nearly full and wish to move my 80Gb content library to a second drive with heaps of space. What's the safest way to move the content without stuffing up my installations?

I just used the copy/paste function when I moved my 2012. I take it this library is your stock of cdp's etc and not part of one of your trainz versions.

No, I'm talking about the User Data and World folders of the Trainz versions. I have my CDPs stored elsewhere.

Just move whichever is the biggest install to the other drive, for eg the TS12 file folder (all the 2012 install) copy and paste it to the other drive. I did it last week with no issues.
The thing is to be patient and don't stop it. Let it run. The only thing you'll have to do is is put a new launcher icon on your desktop.

Fran1: For the most part, you may be correct. However, there are a number of registry keys that may be affected by the move.

Fran1: For the most part, you may be correct. However, there are a number of registry keys that may be affected by the move.

I always instal any trainz version in it's own drive partition away from the O/S. Probably why I have so few issues.

Back