Editing in CM using CCP

hammo

I am using TS12 build 49922 on Windows 7. I find, as an example, built-in bamboogarden texture in the CM. The faulty icon is not highlighted. I click on Edit and Edit with CCP.
(Originally the message appeared on screen to say that the asset is from an earlier version of Trainz and that it will be upgraded).
The screen appears and an error is shown at the bottom. Error. The *texture.txt" file is missing for texture resource 'bamboogarden.texture'.
If I then click on Edit that appears to the right of texture I get a message - Unable to locate file 'c:\program files (x86)\n3v games\ts12\UserData\editing\bamboogarden\bamboogarden.texture.txt'.
However, when I use explorer to check that location the file is present. So I cannot see why I get the error.
If I close the editor, the CM fault icon is now highlighted.
Can anyone help with this?;)

If this is a built-in asset, revert it to original.

It is not advised to edit builtin assets unless you know what you are doing and have the required knowledge on how to fix the resulting .texture.txt errors/warnings.

Shane

If you wanted to see how Auran/N3V made the asset you could clone it and examine it. As Shane said there is no reason to mess with built-in content. If you do, you may find that it was a dependency for other assets and they become faulty as a consequence.

The reason you get the error is that N3V changed the requirements for texture descriptions for later versions of Trainz. That particular asset is obviously made for an earlier version. Stuff that is already built-in doesn't need to be validated but when you edited it and tried to commit, CM will complain.

As I said in reply to the same question in the TS12 support forum

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?97308-CMP-asset-aditing

bamboogarden is a built-in asset. The file bamboogarden.texture is present which works for built-in assets but once they are opened for edit and committed or cloned this file will not work, you need two files bamboogarden.texture.txt and bamboogarden.texture.tga which can be generated using pev's images2tga utility.

Back