Trainz12 "unknown content error"

GP30

I activated a FCT and when I try to download content from the DLS from either the CMP pr the Trainz2004 DS I get a "unknown content error."

Any advise on what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,

WGH

Hi WHG
Has it ever happen before?
What content did you try to download?
Sorry. I download everyday from all sections of DLS
from CM and DLS never had a problem of any kind.

just another old guy
Gerry

I activated a FCT and when I try to download content from the DLS from either the CMP pr the Trainz2004 DS I get a "unknown content error."

Any advise on what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks,

WGH

Welcome to the forums.

The error normally happens if one or both of these are true:

1. You are downloading using TRS2006's Content Manager.
2. You have not patched your version of TS12.

Shane

Shane-

If you mean patch as in updated the build, the build number is 49922, is this what you mean?

Also I do not have Trainz 2006 installed.

What I was trying to do was download the missing dependencies for Jointed Rail's Midwest Route. After they appear, the dependencies are highlighted red ans if you mouse over them it displays a "unknown content error."

It was only when I activated my FCT did it start having issues.

Any help is appreciated,

WGH

OK - that is the latest build.

As you say the problem started when you activated your FCT, try clearing the download list and add the items again.

Shane

I have done that several times. I have had some delay a few times before when activating a FCT but only maybe a few hours until the FCT kicked in.

WGH

It's there to repair the database if something is wrong with it, or if something's not working properly.

Be aware though that some assets may become faulty during the process - to fix this, search for 'Faulty: True', then select all the offending assets, right-click, then click View Errors and Warnings.

Shane

I am also getting this Unknown Content Error every time I try to use the download station. Fact is I am unable to download anything from the download station. I have tried all the suggestions in the forum including uninstall and reinstall several times, a quick and extended database repair. I have tried to contact the helpdesk but no reply so far. Does anyone have any other suggestion or can think of any reason why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe

I figured out why I was unable to download from the download station. The cause was I had an old email address on my profile. I updated my email address and that seems to have worked. I am now able to download, however I think I can download a file faster than the download station if I walked to the server and transported each bit one at a time and compiled the file myself on my computer. Thank you.

When I try to download parts for my Thomas and friends locos and rolling stock, the 'unknown content error' appears. Is there a way to fix this?

When I try to download parts for my Thomas and friends locos and rolling stock, the 'unknown content error' appears. Is there a way to fix this?
Since you do not have a version of the game listed to your name, it can be that you have not registered your game to your account. To do so, go here:
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php
Please also tell us what build number (bottom right corner of the start-up window) you are using and what the exact assets are you are trying to download, as that can help us explain the problem and/or solve it.

I've had that the past few days as well, but retrying later or the next day on the same content works. It might be the database on the DLS not being up-to-date completely by the time the content is displayed so the assets appear in the list, but are inaccessible until afterwards.

I went on Content Manager v3.6 and try to download Ios - Complete, the 'unknown content error' appears. Can you help me fix this?

Back