New route taking over 30mins to load ?

hotgrove

It's been a full year now of problems with trainz.........got a new laptop and I thought the enjoyment was back but now the problems are coming thick and fast......... a small route I am building is now taking over 30 mins to load ?.

Laptops are not designed to run graphics intensive simulators like TRAINZ. My middle of the road desktop loads some of the largest routes avilable for TRS2012 in under 30 seconds. In any event, something is amiss with your setup as 30 mins to load a route is not normal.

Everything was fine to begin with........my old 4 year old laptop would load up big routes within one minute......just yesterday and today this has started......it's a new laptop and i didn't expect this to happen.

Everything was fine to begin with........my old 4 year old laptop would load up big routes within one minute......just yesterday and today this has started......it's a new laptop and i didn't expect this to happen.

What are the specs on the laptop, processor, memory, graphics card?

My 4 year old mulit media acer laptop runs Trainz just fine - my less than 18 months old HP laptop with all the bells and whistles is sitting in the corner out of service while I fight over who is going to pay for the new HDD that was not up to the task and has worn out.

Just because it new does not mean its better.

Last edited:
Go into Content Manager. Tell us how many dependencies the route requires. If you are up in the thousands, as some routes nowadays seem to be, it will certainly take an eternity to load.

Go into Content Manager. Tell us how many dependencies the route requires. If you are up in the thousands, as some routes nowadays seem to be, it will certainly take an eternity to load.

I don't really understand this......I see 451 dependencies then another part says 0 dependencies ?

I am now getting a long list of faulty dependencies which weren't there previously......some of them are built in.........can anybody tell me what course of action to take ?

Your grafics card is just fine. I run TS12 just fine on Intel HD 3000 so I dont even HAVE an grafics card!:eek:
Start by defragging your hard drive, see if your loading times improve. Also it depents on the amount of free space you have left on you HD.

Your grafics card is just fine. I run TS12 just fine on Intel HD 3000 so I dont even HAVE an grafics card!:eek:
Start by defragging your hard drive, see if your loading times improve. Also it depents on the amount of free space you have left on you HD.

It's a new system i'm using so I should have ample free space.........I think i'm going to have to give up on trainz........reluctantly but it's been one problem after another for over a year now........such is life.

Have you run an EDR? If not do so. First thing to do when Trainz isn't working properly is run an EDR.

I noticed you mention faulty assets. Have you tried selecting them and using View Errors and Warnings?

Shane

P.s. John514 - check if you can open Content Manager. If you cannot you will need a dedicated graphics card.

First I would check that ive the latest build and patches. Then an update of installed content. Next check that no version number is higher than your build version excepts. I found that moving to a new computer a lot of assets do go missing or cant be found because they get lost in the transfer. Thats why I think some routes take so long to load, they are looking for assets which may be faulty and it cant find assets in the data base because it needs to have an update or repair.

I am now getting a long list of faulty dependencies which weren't there previously......some of them are built in.........can anybody tell me what course of action to take ?

Open for edit using explorer, and to commit select revert to original.
Sounds like you may have shut your comp down before taddeamon had closed down.

First I would check that ive the latest build and patches. Then an update of installed content. Next check that no version number is higher than your build version excepts. I found that moving to a new computer a lot of assets do go missing or cant be found because they get lost in the transfer. Thats why I think some routes take so long to load, they are looking for assets which may be faulty and it cant find assets in the data base because it needs to have an update or repair.

I fully appreciate the help i'm getting here but I have to be honest.......the myriad of technical jargon has gone right over my head.....I mean totally......i'm wondering if there are any more trainz users like myself who just want to put the disk in and have some fun with the game but have given up due to constant problems........i'm not having a go at the game.....I spent £500 just to play it.........the HD in my old system failed......I started from scratch downloading a lot of the content which i lost..........I feel like a nuisance.......thanks again for all the assistance.

Start with the route you use most and sessions it has first.
In cm r/click and select view dependencies, if it has any missing get them first.
Any faulties open for edit in explorer and revert to original.
If you want a game/sim to test your patience and pocket this is the one.

Back