Frustration With Trainz

Quick update. All my built-in assets (liabilities) are now error-ridden. Not a single one works so now I'm gonna revert EVERY. LAST. ONE. BACKs Another 14 hours await me to waist my time with this software.

Fred

Probably quicker to delete and re install.
If there's nothing else on the drive why not format it.

Trainz crashed originally? have you checked the disk for any problems using chkdsk?
What OS are you using? I'm thinking forgot about Win7 and run as Administrator on Home Premium as it possibly could be that Trainz can't write to disk properly and save the EDR or other settings?

Oh. I did that the first time. Then Shane told me about Revo. That also did bot work.

Clam: I have windows 7. I don't think that is the problem. I don't like it because it acts like that one guy that makes sure you're sure about 5 times before you do something. It'll make you enter passwords ridiculous amounts of times to access one folder and deny you editing key important files. I wouldn't get it from a programmer's perspective.

Fred

That sounds like your ainty varies is deleting files try turning it off and run a database restore then restart the sim but leave AV off see if that helps.

Oh. I did that the first time. Then Shane told me about Revo. That also did bot work.

Clam: I have windows 7. I don't think that is the problem. I don't like it because it acts like that one guy that makes sure you're sure about 5 times before you do something. It'll make you enter passwords ridiculous amounts of times to access one folder and deny you editing key important files. I wouldn't get it from a programmer's perspective.

Fred

Sounds like you've got UAC (user account control) turned on.
Open control panel, user accounts. Find change user account settings, either turn it off or pull the slider down to never notify.
You can only do this if your admin on the comp and preferably if no one else is or they don't go on stupid dodgy sites.

That sounds like your ainty varies is deleting files try turning it off and run a database restore then restart the sim but leave AV off see if that helps.

That sounds like a good idea. New one. I'll try that.

Fred

Edit: Does anyone know how to turn off Norton and Malwarebytes?

I would also suggest reverting all built-in content to original as well. Based on what you have described further up the thread, you need to read my texture compresson tutorial as Disable Hardware TL is not the correct option for this issue.

Shane

I appreciate the help, but trainz is done on my pc. I tried Train Sim 2013 today and liked it on my computer. I think I'm gonna stick with that.

Fred

Back