H0 DCC Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleport_8

Trainz Player
Here are a few pics of the "H0 DCC Layout" route for TRS04 that is now available at the DLS. It is supposed to be a model railroad that extends to 2 rooms, with a "hidden" yard below scenery level.
It only makes sense to use this in the arcade-DCC mode. Don't watch it from the cab or you might get seasick.
If you like the route, please feel free to add sections or to make changes and re-upload.

h0overview.jpg

h0badlands1.jpg

h0centerville1.jpg

h0centerville2.jpg

h0yard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That look's like great fun. Certainly look's like a typical model railroad layout. Good work!

When is this going to be relased my friend? this is a wonder, a piece of art i must say!

Attachments

• social_img.jpg
    social_img.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 543
The small one is inside "Centerville", and the larger one is located on the small board on the right.
The small one was part of the German Custom content that shipped with TRS04 ("12m Wagenwende" - Third Party DEU). I have no clue how to get the KUID out of surveyor. The other one is the Trainz CE default turntable.
Is it gone in TRS06??

Last edited:
Well the small turntable with all the lines coming off it that has the small diesel is missing for me. I can't find it on DLS or anywhere :)

David

Nice work. Well done.

I like to purchase model railway/raillroad magazines for ideas and trackplans, so this thread interested me in particular. What sort of operations do you do? Do you do a lot of shunting/switching or do you like to just sit and watch trains?

Best wishes,
Padster

To Padster:

What I do with this H0 layout (my first layout that I actually like in driver mode...) is to set up one or two AI trains that repeat a certain tour over and over, and to drive another train myself.

If you just enter the real model railroad world, you might want to have a look at the book "101 Track Plans": http://www.trainplayer.com/Site2/101 Track Plans.html

It is not the newest one, though, and newer books tend to have fancier solutions than ovals. The key to an interesting layout IMO is to have a considerable proportion of the track hidden from the viewer, so that appearances of trains out of tunnels become less predictable. Of course this becomes quite expensive in a real model railroad. Unfortunately it is not possible with TRAINZ to have several layers of layouts on top of each other, so in this case I based the hidden yard behind the scenery part rather than below it.

I have uploaded a few other model railroad trackplans to the DLS before:
* "Port Ogden & Northern" (adopted from the 101 Track plans book rather than the large MSTS one; for shunting operations
* "KÖF country" (an adoption from a German magazine under a different title); for shunting operations - a KÖF is a very small shunting loco
* "Bayrischzell" (another adoption from a German magazine) - for point to point operations
* "BigEightMRC" (??) an extremely large model railroad layout where I just filled up 3 or so baseboards without black patches
* "In my room" which is just an idea of a layout I wanted to make with a real model railroad - an L-shaped layout

After that last one I started to build a real model railroad in N scale, but it turned out to be much smaller:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcnOs4hiRQc

In fact, the TRAINZ forum and chat room motivated me, too, to build a model railroad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back