What MP Session of PO&N is everyone playing?

tgp1994

Sorry for another "what's everyone playing right now" topic, I just had to know who's playing what in Port Ogden and Northern right now in terms of MP. That route has been made one of my favorites due to the fun sessions that were included, and I would love to take it to the multiplayer level.

I don't really understand why I have to "redownload" it, since I already have the base route, and a lot of sessions seem to want to go off of custom routes.

But no matter, what version do you guys play on for MP?

You sure?
I am asking because Colourlight made 5 other versions since that one (V1a till V1e), all with their own route and session.

You sure?
I am asking because Colourlight made 5 other versions since that one (V1a till V1e), all with their own route and session.

Right, that's kind of why I was curious, to see how fast people jump on newer versions. It is weird though, that multiple versions are getting released instead of one that's "updated" ontop of other releases. Is Colourlight the same person who shows up as something like #286951 as the author id in content manager?

I agree the number of multiplayer versions can be confusing. The way I produce mine is typical of the way other people produce theirs. First I obtained permission to create my own route and session versions of Port Ogden & Northern which I turned into a new Route and multiplayer session and called them Port Ogden TS12 MULTIPLAYER V1a (Route) and Port Ogden TS12 MP V1a (Session). I chose those names to make identification more easy. Port Ogden identifies the the route, TS12 the Trainz version it is designed for, Multiplayer and MP indicate it is for a multiplayer session and V1a is the version number. Later I produced a second version which had fixes and improvements which I called V1b and so on. Therefore the later in the alpabet the version letter is, the more recent the version. V1b is more up to date than V1a so you would download V1b. When you download my session always download the latest alpabet letter which, if you are lucky, will automatically download the correct route. After it has been downloaded check for missing dependencies and download these as well. This will include the route if it has not already been downloaded. All dependencies are on the download station. It is important not to have payware from ANY source or freeware from anywhere except Content Manager/DLS as this may change the dependencies and make the multiplayer session unplayable.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, colourlight! That makes sense. I believe I'm downloading v1e right now, I'm looking forward to playing it!

Just wanted to let everyone know, I have a session running right now :) I'm new to multiplayer hosting on trainz, so I hope it's working...

I have tried to join the session 3-4 times and each time it crashed. I am trying to see if the problem is my end or yours. I am currently doing anextended database repair to see if that fixes it. I have already dragged the route and session to my download helper and tried redownloading it. I have also checked it for missing and/or faulty dependencies. Update to this post will follow shortly.
Update: Now I know why I started playing Run8. Trainz Multiplayer has been giving me nothing but grief and wasted hours all day! I did an extended database repair, restarted my computer and once again checked the Route and session etc!. Trainz crashed twice more then the multiplayer server and Online Chat went down so I,ve now given up and turned to a multiplayer session that not only works but is far quicker to join a session.

Last edited:
may I join it?

NKP

Most certainly!

I have tried to join the session 3-4 times and each time it crashed. I am trying to see if the problem is my end or yours. I am currently doing anextended database repair to see if that fixes it. I have already dragged the route and session to my download helper and tried redownloading it. I have also checked it for missing and/or faulty dependencies. Update to this post will follow shortly.

Sorry for missing you colourlight, I went afk. If you have any more problems please let me know, and I'll check for problems on my end too. I'm guessing it's not a network issue if you were able to connect ok?

My game crashes when trying to join your session.
I have no problems joining other MP sessions.
Can you check your build (should be 49922) and if you downloaded all updates of all the assets involved in the session? Thanks.

Edit:
I tried to contact you in-game, but you show off-line in the ichat list yet are hosting a game, so I am starting to think it has something to do with your side, Tgp1994.

Last edited:
My game crashes when trying to join your session.
I have no problems joining other MP sessions.
Can you check your build (should be 49922) and if you downloaded all updates of all the assets involved in the session? Thanks.

Edit:
I tried to contact you in-game, but you show off-line in the ichat list yet are hosting a game, so I am starting to think it has something to do with your side, Tgp1994.

Hmm... Is there something I need to do to my network to get this working right?

All dependencies for this session show as downloaded, although a few were shown as open for editing for some reason. I've reverted those now, I'll try hosting in a few minutes after a quick database repair.

Great! I little problem 4 kuid missings.

Let me find it..

30671:9252101:2 - 30671:9252101:1 ???

NKP

Seems like you're looking for Limestone aggregate?

Great! I little problem 4 kuid missings.
Everything can be downloaded via Content Manager, so just try those again.

Hmm... Is there something I need to do to my network to get this working right?
Sorry, I dont know the exact answer, but you could check if windows is complaining about a firewall.

O... and I tried to contact "tpg1994" instead of "tgp1994" which explains why you didn't reply.

Edit:
PS, tried again, crashed again.

Last edited:
Shoot... I'm starting to think that it's really just my client instead of the network, since I think you guys wouldn't be able to connect period if it was a firewall issue.

Is it possible to verify the integrity of the content without redownloading everything, or is that basically what a database repair does?

Well, it turns out that there is a lot of content that was labelled as "modified", so I've tried removing some of those, although PO&N still shows up with no missing dependencies, so I guess it's ok in that regard.

However, there seems to be on piece of content that is a paintshed reskin. The content manager was refusing to download it because I didn't have this paintshed installed, so I went on the DLS and downloaded the content anyways. Could this be an issue?

All stuff labelled as (locally) modified can not be used for a (working) multiplayer session. You will have to get that undone, the easiest way being deleting and re-downloading (and to be honest I would not know another way).
The content manager was refusing to download it because I didn't have this paintshed installed
Neither have I. For those things: Clean out your download list and add only the item(s) with a paintshed item missing. Start the download and click retry a few times. Usually works on the 1st or 2nd retry.

Back