WIP (Warning, Big Pics)

William0d0

Just a few pics of my WIP route.

william0d0201212200000.jpg

william0d0201212200002.jpg

william0d0201212230000.jpg

Yet another teaser:

william0d0201212240003.jpg

All of the industries are set up and plenty of rolling stock scattered around set up to carry the commodities.

Made it a little further down the line. I need to quit playing all other games until I finish this thing.

william0d0201301040001.jpg

william0d0201301040000.jpg

Work goes slow because there is a ton of texture blending going on.

But as long as the results are good I guess it's worth it.

Copy and paste is a wonderful thing

Jamie

Heck yeah. I have a group of trees and bushes, rotate stamp rotate stamp repeat as required. Then move the stuff that's in the middle of roads and track.

The hard part is the ground texture, many swipes over other swipes with stamping and rotating. I haven't tried copy and paste with that, don't think it would come right.

The Utraweeds are all individually placed.

So there really is very little "copy and paste" going on here.

Made it a little further down the line. I need to quit playing all other games until I finish this thing.

Work goes slow because there is a ton of texture blending going on.

But as long as the results are good I guess it's worth it.
looks so darn good, and dang thats a very good sized layout :p

looks so darn good, and dang thats a very good sized layout :p

Thanks,

I'm moving out further:

william0d0201301060000.jpg

Just need to plop down some Speed Stuffz and give a final touching to the ground textures and this baseboard will be ready to roll.

I'm keeping the route bounderies close to the tracks because this thing already uses too many assets. It's gonna be a biggie Byte wise.

edit: All your Page 2 Are Belong To Me.

Nice!!!!

NKP

Thanks,

While doing some work on it today I got to thinking something is missing. Then I realized there are no brightly colored flowers. Just another example of my "tunnel vision" while building this route.

Checking out the various flora available I picked a few to use.

Went back over previously thought finished territory and added flowers.

Here is some newly finished work of the day:

william0d0201301090000.jpg

william0d0201301090001.jpg

Still debating how close to keep flowers to the rails.

Off in the distance in the first pic you can see my "palette" baseboard used to test different textures and see if I like the mixture.

But, anyway, time to move on to other projects of the evening such as movies, sleep, breakfast etc...

Route looks amazing and I love the field area! Really like the deer in there too! Flowers are a nice addition, I might add that to one of my mountain routes near a ridge or somthing in some grass, id like to ask will there be any areas with lots of pines? looks nice!

Route looks amazing and I love the field area! Really like the deer in there too! Flowers are a nice addition, I might add that to one of my mountain routes near a ridge or somthing in some grass, id like to ask will there be any areas with lots of pines? looks nice!

Thanks.

Something must look like a deer because I have not added any.

It's not a mountain route, just has some steep hills because I thought it might look good.

I plan on keeping the number of speedtree types to as few as possible, so no pine. Elevation changes really aren't that great throughout the route.

But, anywho, here is a wip shot of Springfield (which has a brewery just outside of town).

william0d0201301140000.jpg

Back