Escanaba and Lake Superior in the North Woods

Amazing Shot of your route

Thanx....Heres one more for the night.....

At Oconto Falls here...The crew stops quick to grab a sandwich at Subway as the ELS 1200 will soon take a cut of loaded hoppers to Stiles Jct to be picked up later today by the SB daily road freight from Crivitz to Green Bay

Took a quick spin up to Crivitz to see what was going on.......

First stop we took was to check out one of there log loading spurs they have up in town......Not much going on there....Just 2 loads that will need to be picked up

A look down the other way we can see some ELS boxcars on a storage track and some more log cars that will soon be loaded up

Took a spin over to there MoW shed but yet again, signs kept us from getting any closer

A closer shot of the yard and we can see some ELS power sitting by the office

We then heard a horn coming from the east, only train that could be is the train from the Marinette and Menominee area

Pulling up to switch the track to get into the yard

Pulling into the yard

All for now....I came to early as the train from Channing didnt make it here yet....The train that was near the office was the train from Green Bay...Usually all 3 would meet here and swap cars and then they would head back in all 3 directions, North to Channing, South to Green Bay and then east back to Marinette and Menominee

An ELS ballast train heads north to Stiles Jct where it will back into a siding and tie up for the day.....

The train will tie up here at Olson Rd where an ELS van will come pick them up and take them back to Green Bay for there daily Green Bay to Crivitz train to bring to Crivitz the next day....These cars will sit in this siding till some new ties get replaced north of Crivitz...

Dude that is awesome, classic ELS loco, like it man keep it up!
Been doing a depot lately and its on this line pretty cool to know someone is making the line

id be willing, just got that other depot done last night, all I need to do is find some good textures for it, id like to see some pics of the crivitz depot for reference before I start.

well ive been working on the crivitz depot for 30min and im getting to adding the windows and doors, I can try the pembine depot after I get the crivitz depot done, ill be working on the pembine depot next weekend most likely when I have some free time, crivitz should be done tonight, if not it wont be worked on till maybe saturday night, anyhow, thanks for the help!

Very nice.....That will fit very nicely on this layout.....Now I just have to make it up to Pembine now for the other depot....But you got a lot of time till I make it up there :hehe:

Caught the ILSX 1338 the daily Crivitz to Green Bay train here at Lena

Then caught him spotting a cut of cars at Stiles Jct

And finally blasting off for Green Bay

This is some really nice work. I am very impressed and can't wait until the route is completed. Do you plan on taking the track to Ontonagon? I'm not even sure how far west E&LS travels now since the mill is no longer in Ontonagon. They have a bunch of storage cars sitting on the main going north out of Channing according to Bing and Google Maps. Its hard to tell how far north the track goes. They have a bunch of storage cars and then there is a bridge and after that it looks like there is no more track. There is also a few miles of storage cars on the Channing to Wells line.

This is some really nice work. I am very impressed and can't wait until the route is completed. Do you plan on taking the track to Ontonagon? I'm not even sure how far west E&LS travels now since the mill is no longer in Ontonagon. They have a bunch of storage cars sitting on the main going north out of Channing according to Bing and Google Maps. Its hard to tell how far north the track goes. They have a bunch of storage cars and then there is a bridge and after that it looks like there is no more track. There is also a few miles of storage cars on the Channing to Wells line.

Storage cars??? You wanna see 100+ cars....Look at Bing, and follow the line from Crivitz EAST to Marinette and check out all them cars....Mainly centerbeams and hoppers is what it looks like.....But IDK if I'll take the line up that far to Ontonagon.....Might just go to Channing......I do wanna get it to some what to Marinette but to do that city will take to long, so I might just do the little yard right on the edge of town for the ELS...IDK yet....Might go all the way into the heart of downtown.....But right now I plan on getting to Pembine done and then south to Green Bay......That way the Crivitz to Green Bay trains can be ran

In fact here is the Crivitz to Channing local now going to work in the Crivitz yard as it is headed to grab some loaded log cars that were loaded the other day

Time to go and get the rest of the train

Back