Escanaba and Lake Superior in the North Woods

ELS 1344 is seen here pulling a long cut of log loads out of a siding here at Crivitz that will be taken east towards Marinette/Menominee

Taking the WYE that will make them head east for the Twin Cities of M and M land

On the outside of town here at Crivitz

Pulling into the small yard here in town where later today these log cars will be spotted at the mill

Pulling up to the Depot in town to wait for a cab and head back to Crivitz

The crew takes a break for supper here in Oconto Falls at Subway before heading east for Stiles Jct where the SB will pick this train up and take it to Green Bay

Our train didnt make it to Crivitz today so we died out here at Stiles Jct where tomorrow we will cab back here and take this train onto Crivitz

Looks like one of the SD9's comes back to life and out of storage....Here we catch the 1221 one of the 5 SD9's that the ELS owns sitting at Crivitz coupled onto a string of log cars that will prolly take to M and M land later today

The other SD9's are all stored up in Wells MI and hopefully one day all be put back into service.....Looks like I might have to take a trip up there to see if they are all sitting out side

ELS 500 is getting ready to depart N Green Bay yard and head its daily run up to Crivitz Wi

Me and Matt (MDG84) took a trip on Thursday to catch some ELS action.....So with that being said....I thought it would be a neat idea to put what we saw, into the sim....The write up that I will use was wrote up by Matt

"I got a chance to railfan the E&LS for the first time with J J and it was a heck of a day to do so. We first met up in Stiles, then went over to Oconto Falls with nothing happening except for a maintenance crew working on the side of the road between Stiles and Oconto Falls. I am not sure what road it was, but J J would know the name of the road.

We then proceeded north to Crivitz and got there at a little before noon just in the nick of time! ILSX #1344 was switching and was on the main, pulled up to the SE leg of the wye and proceeded onto the Marinette branch and stopped once he cleared the crossing to let the southbound train through. The southbound train was sitting a little to the north on the main by the NE leg of the wye. The southbound train consisted of ILSX #1338 and GATX ELS 500. I think he had 58 cars heading south.

Once the southbound train left, ILSX #1344 backed its train onto the main once again, tied down for a half hour or so and then headed north to Wausaukee light to pick up a few cars. He then came back south back to Crivitz. Once he got back to Crivitz he started to switch around again in the yard."

Well, look at that! Looks just like the real thing from yesterday! Gotta love the story too. :)

Wish I could stay up here longer to see more action. I am going to definitely have to play around with this route! This is the first shots I seen of Crivitz on the sim I think. They all look excellent!

I'm jealous of you guys. The weather was great for rail fanning. I read about your day on the yahoo ELS group and now get to see it in the sim. Excellent - how I wish I could see it in person. Dan

Yyyeeahhhhhhh Crivitz!

8373554639_e27a4b6c40_b.jpg

While shopping at the grocery store, ELS 500 came to a stop here at Crivitz....It will do some switching in the yard before heading south for Green Bay

With the switching complete...Time to blast off to Green Bay

Last edited:
Back