Screenshot of the Week: 12/21/2012 to 12/28/2012 (Warning: potential for large shots)

Retro00064

Submission closed. The voting is here.

This week has no theme.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on December 28 at 12:00 a. m. UTC (December 27 at 7:00 p. m. here in the eastern U. S.), after which point voting will begin.

Next week's theme: Winter shots.

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions for themes, etc. They are much appreciated!

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Zachary.

Last edited:
ed226d75a35274804e0582f337b9e788.jpg

Having chased down a SG freight over the hills of the NE mainline, a pair of F7s on the VR Broad Gauge haul a passenger north to the Vic/NSW border...
b890a595d4e73ca5497ac80abd92f1f3.jpg

Cheers
Tim

flyboy559201212170043.jpg

A westbound freight slowly navigates down through the curves at Caliente, California on a beautiful summer day in 1952.

The question is, can anyone guess the movie?
[image snipped]

Hmm, the "Titfield Thunderbolt" is the only one that comes to mind here too, allthough I'm not sure if the shown engine is correct for that one. I seem to remember there was another one handling about allmost the same subject, locals who want to prevent the scrapping of their local line, but that title eludes me at the moment. :hehe:

combine_114_02.jpg

Greetings from overcast Amsterdam,

Jan

Is that The Titfield Thunderbolt, ​By any chance?
Yes, that is correct.

@Janaton: You are also correct. The loco (14xx class 1401) is the right loco for the film. 1401 was scrapped after the film was made. After the train wreck scene, Lion (a loco dating from 1838) is brought in as Thunderbolt and hauls the inspection train.

I can't remember any other film about the same subject though. One other train film that pops into mind is "Oh, Mr. Porter" but I'm sure that it isn't the one you're thinking of.
If you remember the title, please tell me, as I love watching train films from before my time.

8247687671_1c9a30677d_b.jpg

@Jananton: That is one beautiful interurban!
@TheWaluigiKing: That train looks strangly familiar....

The loco (14xx class 1401) is the right loco for the film. 1401 was scrapped after the film was made. After the train wreck scene, Lion (a loco dating from 1838) is brought in as Thunderbolt and hauls the inspection train.

In that case I've probably forgot that part where the first engine gets wrecked. It is so long ago that I saw this movie in the cinema I only seem to remember that old 1838 Lion one and that ludicrous ride to obtain or keep the license. :hehe:

In a way it's strange how memory works sometimes. In other words, no other long lost movie title out of the hat I'm afraid. ;)

Greetings from nighttime Amsterdam,

Jan

Back